• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Appreciation For Jake Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

why are people so dumb, it amazes me. I posted this in another thread but I wanted everyon to read this so we call all remember how good Jake Delhomme really is. And I question any person who is in favor of bringing in a new starting QB is a true Panthers fan.

Delhomme's stats in 2003: 3219 yards 19 TD 16 INT 80.6 QB Rating

This year Delhomme is on on pace for very similair numbers and has a better QB rating, and guess what he went to the dam Super Bowl in 2003. This guy has one of the best QB ratings of all time in the playoffs and is as good as anyone in the league at the two minute drill. Steve Smith even said today he would take Jake number 1 in a fantasy draft, his teammates love him and the coaches and ownership have all the confidence in the world in him. They guy is one year removed from Tommy John Surgery, something no QB has EVER come back from.

Some idiots on this board are talking about benching him and I am talking about him as a candidate for MVP. The MVP is not the player with the best stats but the player most important to his team. Look at this team last year without Jake, and this year with him. The most important stat is he has ten wins, TEN WINS. That is the third best record in football and some people want to bench him?!?

I remember the darks days of Kerry Collins rather retiring than playing in Carolina, Rae Carruth, the unfortunate murdering of Fred Lane, the Sean Gilbert trade that set us back years, and the 1-15 season. The Panthers were a joke of a franchise, no one wanted to play here it was a curse to play in Carolina. Then all of a sudden a undrafted, third string QB pops on to the scene and leads the team I love to a Super Bowl, I had never seen anything like it and I am so thankful for Jake. He almost led us to a second one in 2005. Our running game was crushed with injuries and Jamal Robertson was getting the carries against the Seahawks. He also did it with Drew Carter and Keary Colbert as his 2 and 3 receivers. Jake Delhomme can be the least productive QB for the next few seasons and I could care less, Jake is my QB until he decides to hang em up

You Delhomme jock sniffers are a humorous bunch. He's an average QB with average stats that makes a handful of boneheaded throws nearly every game. Comebacks, leadership, blah blah blah. If you played better the other 3 quarters you don't need to comeback. With the receivers and offensive line Jake has he should be doing much better than he is. He's not close to the worse QB in the NFL, but he's not close to the best either, there are alot of QBs I'd take over him.

Steve Smith loves Jake Delhomme

John Fox loves Jake Dellhome

Ownership and Coaching passed on Brady Quinn

But CarolinaSock does not like the job Jake Delhomme.

Who to listen to? How long have you even been a fan?

They also loved Deshaun Foster for how many years? Or how about loving Carr as our backup?

Pretty ridiculous to love a QB who is average by every measure available. Oh right, he's got "leadership". The QB of a team, especially established veterans are generally leaders on their teams. It's not unique to Jake.

They also loved Deshaun Foster for how many years? Or how about loving Carr as our backup?

Pretty ridiculous to love a QB who is average by every measure available. Oh right, he's got "leadership". The QB of a team, especially established veterans are generally leaders on their teams. It's not unique to Jake.

moron, you JUST joined, right after we get our biggest win of the season and all you can do is piss and moan and make ignorant, asinine statements that are getting you laughed off the board.

go pop a cold one and enjoy the win.

Are you comparing Deshaun Foster and David Carr to Jake Delhomme. I do not ever recall anyone in the Panthers organization speaking of those two the same way they talk about Jake. Please show me a quote. I also recall David Carr and Deshaun Foster being cut, Jake is still here.

Your telling me Donovan McNabb has more leadership than Jake? Does Tony I have never won a playoff game have more? Plese explain to me Jake's 18 come from behind wins since 2003, which ranks number one in the league, and Jake missed all of last year if I remember correctly. All QB's have leadership right, than why is Jake number 1. And can you explain to me his QB rating in the playoffs?

I will be up for a while, I am writing a paper so take your time.

Jake Delhomme is an average QB that has great moments and fuged up moments. We currently have no one half the QB he is. If we are to challenge Atlanta in the future we need another QB, because let's face it Jake ain't gonna be around forever. And yes Matt Ryan is better than Jake Delhomme right now. No question in my mind. I've been watching Ryan all thru college and he is the real deal. We need something for the future because Jake isn't lasting more than a couple years at the best.

Comebacks, leadership, blah blah blah. If you played better the other 3 quarters you don't need to comeback.

Brilliant.

I never realized how bad guys like John Elway, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Tom Brady really sucked until I read that post.

So what if they led a bunch of fourth quarter comebacks? If they would have played better the other three quarters they wouldn't have needed those comebacks.

I feel much more enlightened now :)

Archived