• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers situation could (and maybe should) lead to Fox's exit

unicar15

This is ridiculous...Fox was supposed to be this defensive mastermind coming in here and now he has lost the respect of our best two defensive linemen in the last two years??? What the heck is that about? Articles saying that Pep stopped buying into Fox's system, Jenkins quotes saying that he wants out this time last year...when is this crap going to stop? I have never heard of so many star players playing in for a "good coach" and not buying in. Isn't that kinda the point? To get your best players to buy into your scheme?

JR seriously needs to consider what is going on here and maybe discount his whole Steelers philosophy of sticking it out with one regime. I was sold out for Fox after the 12-4 season and #2 spot in the playoffs. I discounted the playoff loss as a bad game at a bad time like he said but our star DE saying that he doesn't buy into this scheme anymore is extremely worrisome to me.

With guys like Shananhan, Ron Meeks, Rex Ryan and others out there to target JR needs to think long and hard about it.

Well, as frustrated with Fox as I am, several Giants palyers were fed up with Coughlin and then they won the SB without them.

I remember talking to Wesley Walls after our SB year about his leaving. He said he wanted to be on a SB team and he "picked a hell of a time to leave".

Peppers needs to get this world and the NFL doesn't revolve around him. What is he going to do if after a year, he doesn't like his new coach? Quit? Look a DE rushes the damn passer no matter what defense he is in. Peppers just got 14.5 sacks, its obvious he wants out for some other reason and I say MONEY is the main thing.

Peppers needs to get this world and the NFL doesn't revolve around him. What is he going to do if after a year, he doesn't like his new coach? Quit? Look a DE rushes the damn passer no matter what defense he is in. Peppers just got 14.5 sacks, its obvious he wants out for some other reason and I say MONEY is the main thing.

I agree with the point about him not liking his next coach but as a whole our defense vastly underachieved and now this is the second really big time player that has left because of our coaching staff. Jenkins is one of the most talented DTs in the league and Peppers IMO is the most talented DE in the league. Neither of them wanted to play for this organization after the 2006 season. There has to be a deeper reason than just..."I want a new situation." It was Fox with Jenkins, it is Fox with Peppers, and it will be Fox with our next big time player that wants to leave.

Why the hell is it Fox's fault that Peppers thinks he see's God when you looks in the mirror. Why didn't we fire him when Jenkins, got traded or when Moose left. Better yet, let's fire him because we didn't go 16-0!!!!

Get real!!! This team is 95% in tact, we need a couple of tweeks here and there, but firing Fox because of that overated selfish bastards decision to go some where else and suck the f*cking life out of their team and payroll is just dumb!!!

Moose left for money and Jenkins was the first defector from the defense. Does nobody else think that its peculiar that Fox's brainchild (the defense) is falling apart piece by piece in the last 2 years??? I mean we threw as much money as possible at Pep and he turned us down...because of the scheme. Its not a good scheme and Fox will never change it, it is as simple as that..

We are in the middle of losing the two biggest pieces of our defensive line..

some people are just trying to spin the Peppers situation into being Fox's fault

Pepper's situation is that he is a free agent, which is not Fox's fault your right.

Peppers not wanting to play for the Panthers anymore......................

Moose left for money and Jenkins was the first defector from the defense. Does nobody else think that its peculiar that Fox's brainchild (the defense) is falling apart piece by piece in the last 2 years??? I mean we threw as much money as possible at Pep and he turned us down...because of the scheme. Its not a good scheme and Fox will never change it, it is as simple as that..

We are in the middle of losing the two biggest pieces of our defensive line..

You know that would make a lot of sense if it weren't for the fact that Jenkins was fine until he asked for a contract extension and pay raise after his first full season back after being on IR for the previous 2 seasons and was told no, after that he got all pissed off with the team, the Jenkins thing was all about the Money, just not a lot of people remember that.

Archived