• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox on not bringing in veteran WRs: Those aren’t my decisions

SOJA

Fox may be doing his best with what we have, but with the exception of his first season, I do not think he has ever made the best use of the talent he has. This team has been undercoached since and Foxy has been outcoached by his opponents for years.

04 was pretty amazing

I would feel sorry for him, but I have six million reasons not to.

Excately!!! and this past offseason he was given the option to go out, get and take another head coaching job if he wanted to. Fox chose to stay here as a lame duck coach and collect his 6million. He did that for a reason..... maybe he thought he could work with this young team, maybe there wasnt a job he preferred (ie the Buffalo job), and he decided to take the 6mill and see what was available next season. BUT he chose to be here as a lame duck coach and knew what he was getting himself into.

In key games in those pretty good years, Foxy was still out-coached. His game management decisions have never been great. I think sadly that Foxy coaches to win when he has nothing to lose. Over the years how many times have we seen this team shut down and play not to lose......and then how well does that work?

Foxy's teams have never been good at making adjustments. More often than not, his teams do not seem prepared for game 1.

Even the announcers this year are amazed at how predictable the play calling is....and how poorly designed the plays are.

Foxy has had some great talent. A better coach could have done more with it.

i mean honestly I'm going to give him a pass for the offensive play calling for 2 reasons

firstly, he doesn't do it. that's jeff davidson, and Fox even expressed his displeasure at it when he made fun of throwing a wide receiver screen to julius peppers' side.

second, what the fug can they do? they're down basically two offensive linemen, starting a rookie qb, and their wide receivers are garbage. they simply don't have the personnel to dictate anything.

i mean honestly I'm going to give him a pass for the offensive play calling for 2 reasons

firstly, he doesn't do it. that's jeff davidson, and Fox even expressed his displeasure at it when he made fun of throwing a wide receiver screen to julius peppers' side.

second, what the f**k can they do? they're down basically two offensive linemen, starting a rookie qb, and their wide receivers are garbage. they simply don't have the personnel to dictate anything.

He hired Davidson. I work as a manager...I am held responsible for the people I hire and I am responsible for their performances. Foxy threw 1 OC under the bus. That OC is looking better under a different HC. His replacement here is looking a lot like he did. Now, even worse. What/who is the common denominator?

I am not judging Foxy by this year ( although think it could have been better)....but for his body of work. I said many years ago, that while he was good at some things, he was not a good enough HC. I believe this team has been under-coached for years.

He hired Davidson. I work as a manager...I am held responsible for the people I hire and I am responsible for their performances. Foxy threw 1 OC under the bus. That OC is looking better under a different HC. His replacement here is looking a lot like he did. Now, even worse. What/who is the common denominator?

I am not judging Foxy by this year ( although think it could have been better)....but for his body of work. I said many years ago, that while he was good at some things, he was not a good enough HC. I believe this team has been under-coached for years.

very much in agreement here. fox puts people into a box. as a manager, thats a very dangerous thing to do for an organization, imo. it's his prerogative to do so but it still tends to stifle the gifts of the individual. once that is done, there is only so far the organization can go. fox has his own way of doing things and a very simplified (and now archaic) view of football. he wants everyone on his team to fit into that way of doing things. there does need to be some structure and guidance, but there also needs to be a lot more freedom within. you aren't living up to your potential as a team unless you give those under you the freedom to reach their own.

Archived