• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Potential Head Coaches

Mr. Scot

Schottenheimer's never been real high on my list.

Way back when, I thought we might keep Moore as the ninth defensive lineman over Hayden or Neblett.

I understand the "why" but it still annoys me to see him showing up in highlight packages when guys we've spent draft pick on aren't :(

probably would've kept him if not for the no veteran backup thing. I mean, I can't think of a single vet other than the special teamers, some of which ended up being gone anyway.

I don't even start to get Schottenheimer as a great offensive mind. His best efforts passing yards have been 16th and 17th. Overall, again 16th, though to give him credit he's 12th in yards on O now (because of the run game, which is Callahan's). His best attribute seems to be name dropping - the guys he's worked with, the QBs that have been with him, the name his father gave him, for better or worse that's what he offers.
don't look at his stats. the jets have been holding him back and making him dumb down his playbook because it's to complex and complicated for sanchez. he has snuck stuff in, but it usually results in fail because the team, particularly sanchez, isn't ready for that kind of thing.

i'd pull up some quotes from rex ryan and sanchez about it, but i'm too lazy. i did cite it someone in here, though.

I think my Top 3 coaches right now are as follows:

1. Perry Fewell- I really like Fewell and what he has done with the Giants D and I know everyone would be a bit skeptical about hiring him but I think he could be an excellent addition and if he brought someone with him from NYG on offense, just imagine how solid this team will be without subtle changes.

2- Ron Rivera- Yet another choice that people may not like right away but there is no question that Rivera has produced some great defenses during his time with the Bears and Chargers. He can adjust to the team being a 4-3 because he has used that scheme before. Again, he could bring someone with him from the Chargers to help out on offense.

3- Charlie Weis- Nobody believes me when I say this is a legitimate option as a candidate. I realize that he wasn't successful at Notre Dame but to be fair, I think it is a lot harder to be a college coach at a prestige school then it is to be an NFL coach. Weis makes sense because we already have the players in place to cater to his style of offense. On top of that, Weis would do wonders with Luck or Clausen.

While most won't agree with my choices, I feel they are better fitted to our team then Harbaugh.

so did they have to dumb it down for Favre too?

guy's just not exceptional. He's not a genius. He might be a solid head coach, but with that I'd hope he's not calling plays.

yep...at least to an extent. schotty's offense was considered to be the reason for a lot of farve's mistakes that year.

fwiw, i don't think he'd be a solid choice as a HC...at least not for a while.

My top candiates is Jon Gruden, Russ Grimm, Ron Rivera . The reason why I have Gruden as my top choice is because of this. Going back to the letter that Jerry Richardson sent out he made a couple of statements about he want to put the best team on the field an looking for to do other little things in the franchise that fox use to do like speaking engagements signing autographs an been the face of the team.Also if we were to hire Jon Gruden despite Richardson been cheap because i dont think that will play a role. But you will still have General manager Marty hurney so Gruden wont be able to have 8 QB's.

Russ Grimm will be in the Running so will Ron Rivera but i think they will kind of be to Old School back to the Fox kind of ways. An i think the panthers are trying to go to a new direction. Dont get me wrong these two guys are great coaches but im not 2 sure if they can Rebuild the Franchise.

Archived