• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Gettis

Paintballr

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies&module=HP_headlines

Probably already been posted but I'm not bringing it up for everyone to vote for him (which everyone should but not the point). Look at who was matched up with him during those highlights and I believe for most of the game.

Nate Clements...was at one point the highest paid cornerback in the league(I know I know happens every year with someone new but anyways). Sure he is 9 years in the league but he is no slouch to playing corner. Gettis made him look silly at times. You can now count me on the Gettis bandwagon (hopefully it won't make me look bad especially last time I got hyped up with a WR named Colbert)

Nonsense, Clements can't be any good because he plays on a bad team. Gettis got lucky.

Seriously though, Gettis really did fake him out of his shorts on that first TD catch. The kid is really starting to run very good routes, and he should only get better from here.

I have a feeling those guys are going to still be busy with Steve Smith, not David Gettis.

Personally I hope they are busy with Williams and Stewart. If we have to throw as much as we did Sunday every week it won't be pretty for long. Hopefully the young receivers can give us just enough balance to be less predictable.

Even then, how often do even the most stud of WRs find success against Ed Reed and The Hair?

True.

Even with Steve Smith was at the top of his game, he did occassionally struggle against top notch defenses. I will judge Gettis bases on his entire season of work, not on a single game.

So far (and not just because of this game) he looks like he has some potential.

True.

Even with Steve Smith was at the top of his game, he did occassionally struggle against top notch defenses. I will judge Gettis bases on his entire season of work, not on a single game.

So far (and not just because of this game) he looks like he has some potential.

To be fair to Steve though, we never had a offense with a complete set of WRs. The heat was always on Smitty. Hopefully, we do now and Matt or whoever, can spread the ball around like it was toward the end of last year.

I told the Panthers faithful back after the draft that you guys took a good WR in Gettis. I was glad to see him go 8-125 against the Niners. The only think I don't like is that we (Texans) didn't take him.

I have not posted forever but after seeing this post, my stoned ass wanted to tell you that was a great fuging story man.

Archived