• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble and Marshall better step up

unicar15

Because without Pep we are going to have to blitz anytime we need pressure on the QB. I really wish we had a first rounder this year to throw at the Raiders for Asomugha because its going to take a corner of his caliber to lock down a defense and let the LBers blitz. I like Gamble and think he is a quality corner but having him and another lock down corner that people are scared of would let us unleash some pressure instead of relying on our front four like we inevitably do every single year...

you think Peppers wants to play for Oakland?

As was said earlier...Peppers ditched all allegiance to us by giving up his position and making it near impossible to get a fair trade. I know he has to sign a deal in order to make that trade but anything is possible.

I like Godfrey at FS. We've needed a speedy guy at that position for some time. It may take a learning curve for him to catch on, but am not mad at them pulling the trigger and putting him there. Talk was in college that he was good at freelancing on the field. We just have to get him on top of his game at that new position.

As for Marshall? He is one our best ST's players... Always in the mix. He had a lot of potential last year, but didn't pay much attention to him this year. If we let Lucas go, I think Marshall will be above average, but we'll have to wait and see...

i'd really like to see more pressing. i mean...they get five yards for contact. they shouldn't be playing 10 off.

It really depends on the down, distance, situation and the play called. No use in being up on the line when you're not quick enough to keep time with a receiver or you're in zone coverage.

Archived