• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lets narrow it down a bit, what players would you not trade for a first rounder?

Zod

Diggs has been great, don't get me wrong.

He is just getting up there in years for an NFL LBer. I'm sure Dan is as fast as Diggs is right now. He could do well at the Sam position. Will is where you need the most speed. Beason and Davis are fast enough to compensate for any lack of speed Connor might present.

No argument from me.

How many teams in the league can you name with two stud tackles

Thats exactly why you don't trade either tho...we could have the best OL in the league for the next 4-5 years with those guys. Any average running back in the league could rack up 1100 yards with the bulk of the carries.

Beason, Smith, Stewart, Williams, Gross, Otah, Gamble, Davis

I would trade kalil easily, because i think hangman is more than serviceable, and we could replace kalil with another 2nd round pick center.

I would also trade Harris easily, because there are so many better Safties that could be had in the 1st round that run 4.4 40's and have ball hawking skills.. that are not liabilities in the pass game, and hit just as hard as Harris, a la, Palamalu, or Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc.

I would trade kalil easily, because i think hangman is more than serviceable, and we could replace kalil with another 2nd round pick center.

I would also trade Harris easily, because there are so many better Safties that could be had in the 1st round that run 4.4 40's and have ball hawking skills.. that are not liabilities in the pass game, and hit just as hard as Harris, a la, Palamalu, or Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, etc.

If I was going for a safety I'd want to wait a year and get that freak at USC.

kalil is one of the top Centers in the league, notice how our rungame suffered when he was the only one out.

You can't replace his leadership tho, that is what increases his value. This is His and Beason's defense.

kalil is one of the top Centers in the league, notice how our rungame suffered when he was the only one out.

You can't replace his leadership tho, that is what increases his value. This is His and Beason's defense.

I see where you are coming from on Kalil, but I just don't believe any center in the entire league is worth the #12 overall pick in the draft.

It is difficult to replace Harris' leadership, that is very true, but if Hurney were given the opportunity to trade Harris for a Taylor Mays type Safety, you better believe he would jump at the shot and our defense would be that much better for it. With a guy like Mays, you can do a lot more with your defense that having a guy like Harris in there.

You guys kill me with this stuff.

Harris is not the big liability in our secondary.

He isn't the guy getting beat. Or the guy getting caught looking in the backfield when he needs to be over top.

And a 4.4 40 doesn't mean that you can play the game and be smart about. Whats that kid Chicago tried to replace Harris with? Manning kid? He was a sub 4.4 guy. What is he doing now? Riding pine.

Like I said in another thread. Harris isn't the guy you need to blame the secondary breakdowns on. Actually he is one of the consistent individuals back there.

Harris is still pretty young. So with proper secondary coaching his coverage abilities can improve.

Kalil is turning into what everybody predicted he would be before he was drafted. If he can stay healthy he'll probably end up a perennial pro bowler.

Here's my list:

Beason

Smith

Williams

Stewart

Gross

Otah

Kalil

Wharton

Davis

Harris

that's it.

I'm always wary of trading any player for draft picks, even high ones. The only time I approve of it is in situations like with Peppers, or if the deal is absolutely too good to refuse. The problem is that you're trading a proven player for one that you hope will be good in the NFL. The draft is no sure thing, and that's an understatement.

Gross, Kalil, Wharton, Vincent, Otah, Williams, Stewart, Smith, Beason, Gamble, Connor (because I think he'll be good), and finally, my man, Rhys Lloyd.

I love Rhys an all but a 1st rounder? no kicker is worth a 1st rounder.

And Wharton? you could get better OG in the 2nd than Wharton IMO.

my list is:

Otah, Williams, Stewart, Smith, Beason,

thats it.

And BTW if its a top 5 pick I would sell Otah and Beason. Andre Smith is just to valuable. Also Orakpo.

JMHO

Archived