• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clay Matthews

SCP

Walk on at USC. NFL bloodlines. Mike Mayock said his stock is rising this week at the Senior Bowl practices. More of a stand up guy and might be a Hilee Taylor dupe, but it seems like he was always around the ball when I saw USC play. He would probably fall into the 2nd round. Not sure if he is worth it or if he would fit in as an NFL DE at Carolina with Trgocrap. Maybe more of a 3-4 type. Curious if anybody has heard more about him.

Pretty big dude--> http://www.trojanwire.com/Clay%20Matthews%20bulk.jpg

Hes really more of a 3-4 pass rushing backer.... Pete Carroll used him in SC's elephant defense (their 3-4 look) as a stand up pass rusher. While he did play some DE his senior year he really doesn't have the frame to do it at the next level and putting him at linebacker would be a major liability since he really doesn't have very good coverage skills. But hes an insane pass rusher and if our coaching staff thought he could bulk up and play DE i wouldn't be against it, its not going to happen though most draft experts have him sky rocketing and going anywhere from late first to mid second, which IMHO is way to high to draft someone who cant really make an immediate impact on the team......The linebacker from SC I believe we should take a look at is Kaluka Maiava....

Bruce and Clay both played in the NFL for like 30 years each. If nothing else, the Matthews family has the ability to stay healthy.

I didn't think he could play DE, I just didn't get to see him play much so I was curious.

Archived