• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Netflix Thread

Matt Moore

We dropped Cable TV in September. Bought some bunny ears for $10, and signed up for Netflix. Turned out our Samsung Blue Ray player had a built in Netflix interface, so we watch it in HD-1080p.

We love it. There's so much content on Netflix. I've finally got a chance to watch the Firefly series. Just 5 more Episodes to go. My wife is into season 2 of Psych, and got a DVD of some Mythology movie that came out recently (not Clash of the Titans, some other crap). My kids have Thomas, Backyardigans, and few other shows queued up, and watch it daily. We watched a nature show about storms the other day. We watched "Planet 51" over the weekend (horrible movie btw, don't bother).

Downsides?

It's slow to start up a streaming video. Twice we haven't gotten audio. I can tell there's slowness using the Internet when we are watching something (not bad, just slow). Once there was a problem with one of the videos (it kept pixelating, restarting the video cleared it up). None of this has been a major problem to us.

That's it though. There's a tremendous amount of up-side compared to down-side. I recommend it.

I haven't had netflix in about a year, but when I did, I mostly watched on the 360. The problem at the time was that there wasn't a vast amount of stuff that could be watched directly over the interzwebz. Good deal though and they are fast at getting it mailed.

This must have improved. There's only been a couple shows that aren't Instant that I've looked for.

I had my very first DVD mailed to me last week and someone had stolen it. It was nothing but the outer envelope. I reported it on the website and I've heard nothing back. ??? Last night I tried watching through my playstation but I was too drunk to figure it out.

Otherwise its going great!

MOST movies aren't available for streaming but there is quite a good selection. I know they just signed a new contract with some of the major studios like Paramount to get their movies streaming at the begging of 2011. I got a subscription in June and it's been worth every penny to me.

My recommendation that I never heard of before Netflix is the documentary Beer Wars, its pretty entertaining.

Archived