• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To all the Moore and Clausen supporters out there...

SOJA

so fuging right, Jpjr.

go look at how many yards Steven Jackson has and tell me that "it's all on our Quarterback." Hell, go back and WATCH THE GAME AGAINST STL and tell me it's all on our quarterback. I don't even get it. It's like people are looking at box scores and not watching games.

Posted this in another thread...

Look around the league and see what teams are winning. It's not with QBs. It's with solid running games and solid defenses.

Falcons, Ravens, Cheifs, Jets, Steelers, Giants are all run first/defensive teams.

Only two QB driven teams in the top 8 are Colts and Patriots (Two of the best QBs of all time)

Still stand by your statement that it's all about the QB?

I keep coming back to this:

Colt McCoy threw for 74 yards and 0 TD's against the Saints two weeks ago.

His team won 30-17.

There are systemic problems with this offense.

No doubt. The thing is, a QB who can move the chains & NOT make mistakes is the basis for a team to win. The Browns have only won 3 games now & 2 out of the 3 the QB threw for less than 200 yards. McCoy threw for 281 yards against the steelers & lost...so it's not about yards passing as much as game management. If you can't complete simple passes though, then there is no opportunity to 'manage' a running game.

This is definitely a problem with coaching & team leadership, but the starting QB HAS to be able to inspire confidence & neither of these guys can do it. Once a team starts to crumble, someone has to step up & bring the team back, but S. Smith is not going to be able to lead this team back from the edge.

We can agree that it's systemic, but does that mean the team just gives up? Should we sort out what we have or just say skip it all?

so f**king right, Jpjr.

go look at how many yards Steven Jackson has and tell me that "it's all on our Quarterback." Hell, go back and WATCH THE GAME AGAINST STL and tell me it's all on our quarterback. I don't even get it. It's like people are looking at box scores and not watching games.

Are you serious? I don't even understand your point. It is a team sport, but the QB (on the field) is the most important position in any sport combined; are you saying that the majority of the 'execution' does not go thru the QB or depend on the QB?

Running game-handed off by QB; Passing game-thrown by QB; calling offensive plays-QB; ensuring offensive players are lined up correctly-QB; game managment in the 2 minute offense-QB; etc.; etc.

How does running game have a chance with 8 in a box? We were able to do it last year, but that was an anomaly.

My question is, it's easy to be a critic, but what is the solution?

Are you serious? I don't even understand your point. It is a team sport, but the QB (on the field) is the most important position in any sport combined; are you saying that the majority of the 'execution' does not go thru the QB or depend on the QB?

Running game-handed off by QB; Passing game-thrown by QB; calling offensive plays-QB; ensuring offensive players are lined up correctly-QB; game managment in the 2 minute offense-QB; etc.; etc.

How does running game have a chance with 8 in a box? We were able to do it last year, but that was an anomaly.

My question is, it's easy to be a critic, but what is the solution?

I'll tell you the solution.

You know when everyone makes fun of Clausen or Moore for checking down?

In a WEST COAST OFFENSE that is called a succesful completion.

I read that Bradford averages 4.8 yards per completed forward pass. We watched the Rams nickel and dime the Panther to death with only one play greater than 20 yards.

THAT IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN THEY LOAD THE BOX

You throw to your running backs in space or roll out of the box and hit receivers ten yards up the field.

SEVEN STEP DROP PASSING PLAYS TAKE TOO LONG TO DEVELOP WITH 9 GUYS IN THE BOX.

Sorry for the screaming... I'm just frustrated. We all know that our offensive skill players are young and not succeeding in this scheme. The scheme is broken. Clausen (or Moore) does fine with short quick passes. If you've tuned into a Browns or Rams game recently it turns out that's all you need to do to win.

lol. I guess that is a solution 'RealDeal'!

Another is to get better play out of a QB. I didn't read anyone say it's all about the QB...& I certainly wouldn't....but, there has to be a way to open up the running game & right now it has to start by completing passes. I'm not sure we have any QBs who can do that right now.

I'll tell you the solution.

You know when everyone makes fun of Clausen or Moore for checking down?

In a WEST COAST OFFENSE that is called a succesful completion.

I read that Bradford averages 4.8 yards per completed forward pass. We watched the Rams nickel and dime the Panther to death with only one play greater than 20 yards.

THAT IS WHAT YOU DO WHEN THEY LOAD THE BOX

You throw to your running backs in space or roll out of the box and hit receivers ten yards up the field.

SEVEN STEP DROP PASSING PLAYS TAKE TOO LONG TO DEVELOP WITH 9 GUYS IN THE BOX.

Sorry for the screaming... I'm just frustrated. We all know that our offensive skill players are young and not succeeding in this scheme. The scheme is broken. Clausen (or Moore) does fine with short quick passes. If you've tuned into a Browns or Rams game recently it turns out that's all you need to do to win.

The funny thing is that this is exactly what I am contending. I do not tho agree that Clausen & Moore can do this. Have you watched when we've attempted this this year? They are missing the screens & short routes too.

lol. I guess that is a solution 'RealDeal'!

Another is to get better play out of a QB. I didn't read anyone say it's all about the QB...& I certainly wouldn't....but, there has to be a way to open up the running game & right now it has to start by completing passes. I'm not sure we have any QBs who can do that right now.

How do you think we did it all last year then?

QB is the same, RBs were the same.

Could it possibly be the Oline and the new receivers?

Moore sucks.

Clausen sucks.

Pike is too green.

Our O-Line sucks.

Double Trouble sucks this season.

Davidson sucks.

Our rookie WRs are too green.

Smith drops the ball.

Our TEs are only good at blocking.

Fiametta sucks.

Our D-Line sucks.

Our LBs are worn out.

Our secondary sucks.

Fox and Richardson are rumored to not even be talking.

Fox is rumored to have not even wanted Clausen or Edwards.

Hurney and Richardson may not even know what they're doing.

Rebuilding? The next coach will start so much stuff from scrap. We rebuild then.

The CBA screwed JR over.

What did I miss?

WASTED SEASON

man i'm tired of hearing people bitch about moore.......a solid gameplan would go a long way

look at the vikings game last year we rolled moore out away from Jared Allen now we just play the say way every Sunday....pathetic........oline is pathetic except for kalil

fix the oline and you solve a lot of offensive problems

The funny thing is that this is exactly what I am contending. I do not tho agree that Clausen & Moore can do this. Have you watched when we've attempted this this year? They are missing the screens & short routes too.

I dunno man I've watched every game this season start to bloody finish and the best I've seen from either has been short yardage.

All else equal, both Clausen and Moore are doing bettter with short passing plays on first down than any of the running backs are doing rushing the football.

I just don't see McCoy or Bradford (and I'm using them as examples because both have won more games than Moore or Clausen) successfully executing 7 step drop passes on a regular basis. That's all we do is deep crossing route pass plays out of the shotgun and they almost never work because neither Moore nor Clausen is good enough to battle the pass rush and still find guys open down field.

hell, even when we get completions, BOTH of our QBs are PLAGUED by dropped balls. Seriously, drive killers, emotion killers, dropped passes suck and they are a major problems.

The problem is that the play calling is stale and we're not playing to strengths. I mean, we have Moore & Clausen dropping back into eternity and being eaten alive. Our coaches have NO Idea how to build a QB's confidence. Get them going with short-medium passes, then go for the long ball when the opportunity presents itself.

The fact is our offensive game plan does not work right now. THe solution? Change it. We can't make a QB change mid season to bring in anyone else. We're not going to suddenly wake up and start blocking the 8 men in the box that we have for the last 9 seasons. Instead, we're going to need to actually rely on those seldom used pass plays on first & second down to get the ball to playmakers in space a bit.

Archived