• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To all the Moore and Clausen supporters out there...

SOJA

hell, even when we get completions, BOTH of our QBs are PLAGUED by dropped balls. Seriously, drive killers, emotion killers, dropped passes suck and they are a major problems.

The problem is that the play calling is stale and we're not playing to strengths. I mean, we have Moore & Clausen dropping back into eternity and being eaten alive. Our coaches have NO Idea how to build a QB's confidence. Get them going with short-medium passes, then go for the long ball when the opportunity presents itself.

The fact is our offensive game plan does not work right now. THe solution? Change it. We can't make a QB change mid season to bring in anyone else. We're not going to suddenly wake up and start blocking the 8 men in the box that we have for the last 9 seasons. Instead, we're going to need to actually rely on those seldom used pass plays on first & second down to get the ball to playmakers in space a bit.

For some reason though Fox refuses to give Clausen a fair shake or call plays to help Moore.

For some reason though Fox refuses to give Clausen a fair shake or call plays to help Moore.

Disagree. Clausen was given an opportunity to take over and screwed it up by playing like.. well.. Clausen. He got another opportunity yesterday and didn't go anywhere with it, yet again. I'm honestly amazed that he was "the most pro ready QB in the draft" last year. His height, low-delivery, passing motion and happy feet all combine into a circus of suck out there.

The scheme and playcalling is a decent chunk of what's wrong, but so is talent. We could help by trying to throw more quick slants and short passes, but that wouldn't keep Moore from throwing ints and taking sacks or Clausen from throwing bullets into the defensive line.

I'm surprised anyone is taking sides over who plays QB anymore. Moore is better than Clausen and should start if healthy, but that's damning with faint praise and doesn't mean he's worth a crap either. We've got very little talent at that position.

We'll need to bring in at least 2 QBs next season either through the draft or FA (or both).

Disagree. Clausen was given an opportunity to take over and screwed it up by playing like.. well.. Clausen. He got another opportunity yesterday and didn't go anywhere with it, yet again. I'm honestly amazed that he was "the most pro ready QB in the draft" last year. His height, low-delivery, passing motion and happy feet all combine into a circus of suck out there.

The scheme and playcalling is a decent chunk of what's wrong, but so is talent. We could help by trying to throw more quick slants and short passes, but that wouldn't keep Moore from throwing ints and taking sacks or Clausen from throwing bullets into the defensive line.

I'm surprised anyone is taking sides over who plays QB anymore. Moore is better than Clausen and should start if healthy, but that's damning with faint praise and doesn't mean he's worth a crap either. We've got very little talent at that position.

We'll need to bring in at least 2 QBs next season either through the draft or FA (or both).

Moore is OUT for the year.

Archived