• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else just ready for a new start?

unicar15

I'm beginning to wonder about this possibility. I don't believe that Fox is the one who wanted to let all of these assistent coaches leave for other jobs.

The thing is though, if Fox is gone, you have to believe that Hurney will go with him.

Honestly, this is all insane to me. You would think the Panthers just went 4-12 instead of 12-4. IMO, you don't clean house because of one game, which was mainly lost because of the QB in the first place. Hell, even the Steelers and Ravens defenses would have an extremely hard time overcoming 6 turnovers in the play offs.

very good post... at least a few guys are still sensible about this mess.

1/2 jake, 1/2 coaching... no sole man is to blame for this loss... it is far more complicated than that.

I don't know if you noticed, but Richardson is sort of fighting for his life right now. And he has always tried to do what's best for this organization.

Were it not for Mr. Richardson, you wouldn't even have this team to lose faith in.

He's still the owner. And as the owner you need to make decisions, sick or not.

For the first time, I'm leaning towards the possibility of Fox actually being gone within a month.

I'm starting to feel the same way.(could be gas) I said a couple of weeks ago "The team is falling apart. And we get to watch up close and personal." I'm not even sure if a new DC will help. I feel the team is losing Faith in Fox, and Fox may not be happy with The way his coaches were treated. The next couple of weeks will be very interesting...

I'm thinking fox was too complacent with the defense and now he has no other choice than fix it. Kind of like what they did in the off season for the run game...get back to basics.

why does it always take Fox so long to realize there ia a problem that need to be fixed?

How can it not be a down season in 09 ?

Panthers will be playing

Giants

Cards

Eagles

Cowboys

Dolphines

Pats

Jets

Falcons

Saints

Redskins

Bills

Bucs

1- Completely new defensive Coaches

That will be learning players and installing a new defensive scheme 4-3 or

3-4.

B/C bend don't break has been EXPOSED

2- How will this effect scouting this week ,with less eyes ?

3-With or without Peppers

4-With or without Gross

But it is a great time to start over on defense with that schedule

Yeah, cause the Dolphins, Falcons, and Cardinals were to be easy wins.

why does it always take Fox so long to realize there ia a problem that need to be fixed?

I'm thinking it has to do with... In the NFL, any drastic changes could cause drastic failures. You try to tweak things to improve your team. You don't go revamping the whole team cause you were 7-9 with 4 QB's starting each week. Or you had 17 starters injured in one year... (Patriots bitch cause they had 11.. I find that hilarious)

Or else you end up like the Lions going 0-16... (perhaps that's a bit far fetched..)

Archived