• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Turmoil in Tennessee

Boltergeist

How bout a college bar in a rural GA town pulling their dick out for the ladies? Does that count? That one must've totally blipped from your mind huh? A 2 time Super Bowl winning QB with his goons trying to "pull hoes" :lol:

Fact is, Fisher sucks as a coach and what he says dont matter because Bud is in Vince's corner. He can lie all he wants and the media can spin this all it wants to make you guys feel better, but at the end of the day, Vince is their guy. There's something really wrong with a head coach eager to bench his starting QB who's won games for him and is his best option on his roster. This was the 2nd time this year Vince had been benched and he has a winning record as a starter this year.

Matt Moore would never behave this way and he was benched after a terrific finish to last season. Whether Fischer is a good coach or not is irrelevant. Young should do his job and be professional. If he'd stop acting like a child, none of this would happen in the first place.

He wants to do his job. In his own words he "just wants to play". But if the coach says he cant play, what can he do? Fisher is very relevant to whether or not Vince plays. Bud had to step in last year just to make that happen. Vince wins in spite of Fisher, not because of him.

VY's stats are pedestrian at best, please stop with your rhetoric.

98.6 QB rating. 5-3 as a starter this year despite Fisher's lackluster coaching. 30-17 as a starting NFL QB. VY's winning percentage is not pedestrian.

Body of work please. I do not judge QB's on one year, and nor does the coach.

As I mentioned earlier he reminds me very much of Sexy Rexy...wins a lot of games, but if you know football you know it ain't him winning those games.

Body of work please. I do not judge QB's on one year, and nor does the coach.

As I mentioned earlier he reminds me very much of Sexy Rexy...wins a lot of games, but if you know football you know it ain't him winning those games.

Of course it aint him. He's a black QB, he's not really out there making the plays. They dont really count. So what if his QB rating is higher than average and he has won twice as many games as he's lost. It doesnt really count, he's black. As for body of work, Jeff Fisher has not won a playoff game since 2004. He is the only active tenured NFL coach with 2 0-6 starts on his resume. Jeff Fisher has a losing record in the playoffs, and the majority of his wins came in 1 playoff run 11 years ago. I do not judge coaches on one year, nor does the QB or his teammates. Body of work please.

Of course it aint him. He's a black QB, he's not really out there making the plays. They dont really count. So what if his QB rating is higher than average and he has won twice as many games as he's lost. It doesnt really count, he's black. As for body of work, Jeff Fisher has not won a playoff game since 2004. He is the only active tenured NFL coach with 2 0-6 starts on his resume. Jeff Fisher has a losing record in the playoffs, and the majority of his wins came in 1 playoff run 11 years ago. I do not judge coaches on one year, nor does the QB or his teammates. Body of work please.

I am not backing Fisher nor VY. You are taking sides, I am merely pointing out facts.

VY has made plays, so has Sage Rosenfels, and Jamarcus Russell, still doesn't mean he is a world beater.

You are saying he is great, I am saying he is average. You are saying that he wins, I am saying so does Rex Grossman. You decide to talk about Fishers playoff record, I don't give two shits about it.

He has the same number of career TD's as INT's...that's greatness.

He has a career QB rating of 75.7...that's greatness.

Take off your black blinders. He is an average NFL QB at best.

Please explain. I'd love to hear this.

The problems in Tennessee surrounding Vince Young and Jeff Fisher are directly related to preparation. Fisher has never fully believed in his “franchise QB” because he has never believed Young prepares like a franchise quarterback.

Young constantly misses practice with an assortment of nagging injuries. He has never developed a reputation as a film-study student of the game.

Talent can be a curse. At Texas, Young’s physical gifts were so overwhelming he didn’t need to prepare while in college. He simply needed to show up on game day healthy and in solid cardiovascular shape. Young never learned to compete at a professional level.

From... http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/brett-favre-vince-young-michael-vick-nfl-qb-is-a-full-time-job-112210 and Whitlock is black, does that make this OK???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/15/vince-young-takes-issue-with-reports-that-he-ducked-treatment-during-bye-week/

On Sunday, FOX’s Jay Glazer reported that Titans quarterback Vince Young opted against staying in Tennessee during the bye week and getting active treatment on his injured ankle.

Just two things I found on a quick google search...

You really are a broken record aren't you... it's funny, hilarious actually that you say this crazy stuff... You're either a complete moron, or the worst troll on this board.

I am not backing Fisher nor VY. You are taking sides, I am merely pointing out facts.

VY has made plays, so has Sage Rosenfels, and Jamarcus Russell, still doesn't mean he is a world beater.

You are saying he is great, I am saying he is average. You are saying that he wins, I am saying so does Rex Grossman. You decide to talk about Fishers playoff record, I don't give two poos about it.

He has the same number of career TD's as INT's...that's greatness.

He has a career QB rating of 75.7...that's greatness.

Take off your black blinders. He is an average NFL QB at best.

Where did I call Vince Young great? Please point to the post. I merely stated that Vince is a winning QB that performs at a high level despite his coach not being loyal to him whatsoever. Your insistence on a black QB not being considered "great" is very telling. Comparing him to Rex Grossman? Vince already has posted more wins than him as a starter in this NFL, completed more passes, compiled more passing yards, and been "good" more than 1 NFL season. Your attempt to discredit how good VY is by comparing him to a scrub is well noted.

Don't even try to bring race into me calling VY great or not, he is not a great QB, hell, he's average at best. To call him anything other than that is foolish.

Please look up another active QB with similar TD/INT %, completion %, YPA, and QB rating that VY has on his career. The best one I can think of is Rex Grossman.

Archived