• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andrew Luck News & Updates

Jbro

Please show me a "good" GM that has failed, at least once, to put together a championship (meaning they win the Lombardi). You won't.

He deserves credit for making ONE decent attempt out of 8 tries. That sucks dude. Giving him credit for that one year above all the others is ridiculous.

So a guy like Tom Heckert, who never won a Super Bowl as a GM in Philly, but fielded several good playoff teams in numerous pro bowl players is a failure and shouldn't be a GM?

JFC... you've missed the point completely.

Which is, because you need it spelled out I guess...

The problems for the Panthers are deep in the organization and need correction, else we will have a crappy team for years to come.

Now, if you care to debate that, by all means, please try. A 2-13 record should be convincing enough before you do though.

I don't think alot of people disagree. No majority thinks we get luck and are gold from there on out. Look at the thread debates for drafting a DE or DT and /or a Vet QB.

Most people belive Luck would be a huge step, but not the only step.

Out of sheer boredom I went to read their forums when I read this...

...and I found a thread where someone actually wanted to trade for Clausen.

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=109768&highlight=jimmy+clausen

Granted not all of them are that retarded but the existence of this thread made me laugh...a lot

haha I noticed that also

What's funny is that you would think they learned their lesson from the Alex Smiths and Ken Dorseys of the world...dumb

So a guy like Tom Heckert, who never won a Super Bowl as a GM in Philly, but fielded several good playoff teams in numerous pro bowl players is a failure and shouldn't be a GM?

Oh hell yes I would. Show me an Eagles fan, and I will show you someone who is sick of mediocrity. In fact, I know several, and they ALL are tired of the program up there of failure year after year.

The more I read, the less I think Luck is coming out. A new rookie cap for the CBA, means hes not missing on the money. Loves the college life, and wants a degree before he leaves for the NFL, staying. Harbaugh saying hes staying. For some reason I think they both stay. JR better have the pocket book ready to the tune of 4-6 mil a year for Jim.

Really, the only things that have pointed to Luck staying in college are some old interviews from the summer where he talks about the importance of getting his degree and Harbaughs non-specific statement to Peter King. To the first point, of course Luck was planning on returning next year when he thought he might be a mid-first round pick, at best. But shooting up to #1 threw that right out the window and is forcing him to re-evaluate his plans, basically invalidating those reports.

And Harbaugh never said he WAS going back, just that he THOUGHT he would. But Harbaugh is also trying to keep his team focused on their bowl game, and wants to quell the Luck talk until at least Tuesday. Not to mention the fact that Luck certainly hasn't even had time to really break down the pros and cons of the decision or talk to his advisors in detail, so probably isn't totally sure what he wants to do himself.

And I doubt the other issues are really primary in his mind. While I'm sure college is fun, it's also secondary to football and its challenges, by most accounts. So I'm not overly concerned about that. And if he does decide to stay, it most certainly can hurt his income potential...even in the new CBA landscape. If he struggles because those around him are struggling, or if he gets a serious injury, that will drop his stock like a rock...particularly when there will be a new "next big thing" coming out, just like there is every year.

Oh hell yes I would. Show me an Eagles fan, and I will show you someone who is sick of mediocrity. In fact, I know several, and they ALL are tired of the program up there of failure year after year.

what does that have to do with the GM that puts the players on the field to build a winning team??

I'd classify AJ Smith from San Diego as an upper tier GM, despite his team failing down the stretch every year. Building a team through quality drafts and intelligent free agent spending is the GM's job. Coaching them to victories is on the coach. I don't think Hurney is great, and I do think he has significantly dropped the ball on occassion (Pep walking for nothing, EB, Armanti, etc.), but I think if you look at his entire body of work over the past 8 years, he has done his job well.

The year is not over... yet. The main reason he hasn't spent is due to the CBA, so he goes out and contradicts himself by laying a load of cash on a 1st pick. The owners want a rookie cap, JR could make a statement to everyone by trading out of the top spot. JP made a $100 million last season?:confused:

Again your right the CBA is the only reason he didn't spend this year and yes the season is over for us. So after that is worked out he will go back to doing what he has 2. Too put a winning team on the field. He has already admitted the mistake in his thinking this year. He knows he will lose the Fan base and the respect of other owner if he makes a statement like that. Thats not just stupid it's suicide. Yes JP made 100 million but JR didn't have too agree too franchise him so he can make 100 million if he was cheap he would have let him go last year and Jake would still be on this team.

what does that have to do with the GM that puts the players on the field to build a winning team??

What it has to do with, is putting together a CHAMPIONSHIP team not just a "winning" team.

If a "winning team" (by the virtue of 78-73), is all you want, by all means, you just keep slobbing on that Hurney nob.

And you asked for someone who stakes our team's future success on Luck?

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2865225&postcount=3

The sentiment is not his alone. There's a ton of folks on here (probably yourself included), that are focusing on one or more positions to the exclusion of the bigger problem of organizational ineptitude.

Archived