• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nintendo DS

Seamonk

I'm thinking about getting a NDSLite since for the next month I'm going to be traveling a lot. It's certainly the cheapest option for me. However I'm not familiar with the games and such so I'm looking for suggestions on what are some good games for NDS that have been out for a while(old ones work better cuz they'll be cheaper). I'm gonna have a lot of time to burn waiting for flights..

I've thought about the psp, but I'm not really into handhelds and I know i'm probably not going to play it again after this month or so. So money wise, DS is the less risky investment for me.

I have both and I use the PSP more. MGS and GoW alone make it worth having. If you go PSP don't buy the PSP go. If you go DS, get a DS lite. It can play gameboy games and there are a few good ones to be had. The Mario cart game is decent. It also depends on what you like playing.

Yeah I got a used DS Lite. Gamestop was giving out free 1 year warranties this weekend. The main reason i don't want a psp is it's wayyy more expensive and i don't really want something graphically entertaining as much as replay value and gameplay hours.

I have both. I actually have two DSi's - my son and I connect and play against each other.

You can watch movies on PSP - about the only thing you can't do on DS. I don't know what's up with all the "you can do more" stuff about the PSP.

Like someone else said, the Mario games are good, except Mario Party. Avoid that like the plague. With the DS lite, you can play the old Gameboy Advance games.

I'm looking for more replay value and longer gameplay time than anything else. I've already gotten a Professor Layton game which I've heard is good for 12-20 hours depending on how fast you solve things. I'd get one of the other Professor Laytons but they're all still kind of expensive. I might go for an old used pokemon game or Mario kart at this point whichever is cheaper. I might risk going with The World Ends with you for a little extra money. I only say risk because I usually don't play RPGs much because of the time devotion required but I might have the time for this one.

Archived