• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Like it or not, Clausen isnt the reason.

chknwing

Maybe they know all about them biblically.

SLJ why did you change your SN?

Also, in your opinion should we draft a QB in the first round or should do something else?

I change from time to time... This is like my 6th or 7th one... ;)

If it were me, and the worst case scenario happens of Luck not declaring and Newton getting caught with whores or something, I'd try pretty hard to trade down in the 1st and, in the process, recoup a 2nd rounder... This is all depending a lot on CBA negotiations, mind you...

We are potentially facing an offseason where we could lose Thomas Davis, DWill, Charles Johnson, Richard Marshall, Ryan Kalil, Gamble (trade?), Smitty (trade?), and various other good/decent players that add to overall team strengths and depth... To hinge your one pick out of the first 64 on a position so important to the product of all factors is a HUGE risk for a team that is in rebuild mode...

I'd rather run the risk of getting more talent for less money over time, and end up being great for several years than put all my eggs in one basket and crash hard for the next decade...

Heck, if it is a QB you want and we luck out and Luck and Newton both declare, at the very least we should field calls about trading down and snagging Newton or Locker... If you don't get a sweet deal, I'm all for taking Luck and HOPING like hell he pans out...

The Clausen supporters are so funny now. They can't argue the validity of the post so they pick one little tiny thing and go off on huge tangents then pie each other.

Well my intentions on this thread was to ease the Clausen bashing. Hes a rookie. Peyton Manning was completly horrid his first year. Remember Clausen played with mostly the 2nd string during TC because Matt Moore was the starter. he was given the reigns to the team with both hands tied behind his back. The God of Pro Football Joe Montana could not have done any better in the same siuation. Cut the kid some slack. 1 Season does not a qb make.

good stuff

I can really relate to your viewpoint as I'm still torn about drafting a QB in the first though suspect it is inevitable. I've been a proponent of trading down to recoup a second or high third and drafting Peterson but Luck and Newton are both tempting.

So thanks for sharing mate.

y'all do realize that pretty much every passing play we have involves some sort of out route or corner route to the sideline, right?

you do realize that the only pass Jimmy looks for is the sideline route w/ single coverage otherwise it is a dump off or scramble? You do realize the vast majority of the field Jimmy simply isn't going to look to attempt a play in?

Can't make many reads in 3-4 seconds, especially if you are a rookie playing a pro game...

You won't even admit Clausen has some good moments, and all you do is bash him...

Sounds like a h8r to me...

when Jimmy is given the time....and he has been given some time on occassion. the result is the same. Other rookies have made plays w/ questionable OL play.......ones that weren't praised as the most NFL ready.

I will admit he has good moments when he actually does....he hasn't. A rare moment where he make a normal QB play isn't a good moment. 193 pass attempts w/o a TD pass is it? If only he could do his standard scramble to the right and a defense would blow some coverage for him again......

Clausen stepped up in the pocket a couple times on Sunday. I liked that. Those aren't good moments.....those are basics he should have been doing weeks ago b/c that action can lead to good moments. Of course there are still the issues of his decision making, hour long wind up, and low balls that can get in the way but I am hoping for him to have some moments.

So, spell it out for me.....give me 5 examples of his good moments during his rookie year. I'm talking actual good play by Clausen.....not just a play the net result was good.

Go Watch the october game against the saints

I watched it. I figured in his 5 he would include 2 moments from that one. 2 moments where Clausen was being bad Clausen doing his signature scramble to the right. The Gettis pass resulted in nothing b/c of the lack of basic time management of Clausen after it.

I'll give you the busted play to Stewart....even though he was being bad Clausen and doing his trademark scramble right and saw it before running out of bounds.

1 moment.....and it wasn't one to write home about. Why too much bad for that to give anyone hope.

Clausen isn't "the" reason, but he is one of the faces of this soon to be 1-15 season.

I don't see him being able to get back in good graces with the majority of the fans though.

He'll be booed out of the stadium each time he makes even the most simplest of mistakes. As unfair as it is, it may be better for him if he does get traded. May be better for the Panthers also.

Archived