• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deal With It

cheynehowell

Newton = The Golden Calf of Bristol and Vince Young's Lovechild.

And neither will be a good NFL QB.

Every play Newton has made is with his legs.....that does not equal success as a QB in the NFL.

I would not take Newton ANYWHERE in the 1st round.

Everyone was saying that Vick, Young, etc... would be changing the QB position in the NFL with their skills. All they have proven (until Vick actually learned to be a pocket passer) is that everyone was WRONG.

One of the main concerns with Newton, that rarely gets talked about when discussing how successful he may or may not be in the NFL, is his maturity.

JaMarcus Russell is a prime example.

You can have all the physical tools in the world and go on to be horrible at what you do. One could even argue Vick was not mature enough for the NFL. Now that he has learned to appreciate his position and take it seriously he is suddenly one of the most prolific passers we've seen in a while.

If I knew Newton had the same maturity, and drive that Vick did now I would absolutely want to draft him, because I would know he was motivated to hone his talents and really work at being one of the best. But it's hard not to question the kid's maturity with all that is surrounding his college career. He may be yet another ultra-talented prospect that goes into the NFL thinking he can get by with his raw athletic talent, and not work his tail off to actually be great.

From now on, I'm sure the kid is going to say all the right things, and do all the right things up until the draft. But I cannot really be sure he is mature enough for the position he is inevitably going to be thrust into.

He looks like an "Ole Miss Rebel Brown Bear" fan, or whatever they're calling themselves these days? LOL

I seriously doubt we will draft Newton to fix our QB problem. Cam Newton = Vince Young and at least Young has a few years of NFL experience under his belt so why not just trade for VY?

Archived