• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Next Head Coach

Mr. Scot

Speculation from the beat writers...

Gantt: Who follows Fox (slideshow with commentary)

Person: Search Panthers history for hints

Yasinskas: Where do Panthers turn

Yasinskas: Panthers could look to college ranks

I think Steve Reed had an article about it somewhere too, but I can't find it. Anyone who has a link, feel free.

Gantt say to keep you eye on Mularkey...sure its pure speculation, but found it odd he's the only guy he made this type of comment about

I picked that up also. His closed just a few hours north on I-85!! I mean lets look at the QB play in Atl, #2 is having his best season as of yet. Came back fro behind against the Ravens which impressed me cause i counted them out that game Matt proved it he can & knows how to play the QB. From his reads how the he lets the play develop n find the open wideout. Even on the comeback his got the arm to get it only where his wideout can make a play, Is a group Mike Mularkey runs.

Gantt say to keep you eye on Mularkey...sure its pure speculation, but found it odd he's the only guy he made this type of comment about

Gantt takes Mike Mularkey and Jeff Fisher seriously as candidates. Me? Not so much.

With that said, he knows way more about things on the inside than I do, so where he and I differ, listen to him over me.

I know Mularkey's tenure as HC in Buffalo was a disaster, but does anyone know exactly what the problem was?

I don't follow the Bills much (and paid almost no attention to them during Mularkey's time), so don't know if the biggest problem was that the players were not that good, that the scheme didn't work, that they weren't prepared well/undisiplined, or something else. It strikes me that so many are writing him off as a HC candidate based off of his time in Buffalo, yet there are many examples of HC failures that go on to success with another team. So, I guess what I an trying to figure out is if it was simply that Mularkey wasn't ready to be a HC at that time and might be better prepared now, or if he was so lost that at best he'll likely never be anything more than a journeyman HC.

I know Mularkey's tenure as HC in Buffalo was a disaster, but does anyone know exactly what the problem was?

I don't follow the Bills much (and paid almost no attention to them during Mularkey's time), so don't know if the biggest problem was that the players were not that good, that the scheme didn't work, that they weren't prepared well/undisiplined, or something else. It strikes me that so many are writing him off as a HC candidate based off of his time in Buffalo, yet there are many examples of HC failures that go on to success with another team. So, I guess what I an trying to figure out is if it was simply that Mularkey wasn't ready to be a HC at that time and might be better prepared now, or if he was so lost that at best he'll likely never be anything more than a journeyman HC.

I read his wikepedia page, came away unimpressed

Archived