• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pitt Game

Paintballr

So after re-watching the Pitt game, I noticed something that was this season basically in one play.

3rd and 4 in our own twenty. Clausen is in the shotgun, Smith lined up the left. Play goes, Pitt blitz but the pocket stays pretty firm. Harrison bull rushes Stewart and he knocks him down. Jimmy pisses his pants and tries to move and gets sack....by falling down. The meantime Smith was wide open in the middle of the field. Even the announcers said "got sacked by the ankles" then they showed the replay...and you just hear them go "oh...." after seeing he didn't even get touched.

It had to be one of the saddest sacks I've ever seen. Even harrison knew it because he got up smiling and laughing at Jimmy. Anyone else see this?

I swear Jimmy is going to be Carr 2.0 because of all the blitz and sacks he has had this year. Anyone got a comparison of the two their rookie year with sacks?

The o-line is terrible this year but that was just awful, and I've been one of the o-lines biggest critics this year.

Clausen's pocket presence and field vision are horrible and are not improving. He panics when the pocket is shrinking, even if it is not yet collapsing.

yeah i know, odd for the QB that most "NFL ready" huh? honestly he looked better in that regard earlier in the season (& preseason) than now. He just can't adjust the protection, or get the ball to the open receiver on a blitz, someone is open.

he needs a veteran to guide him on the sidelines, huge oversight by the FO.

Simply missing a vet QB to help him out. Pretty easy way to go and f**k up a QB, this is exactly what happened to Carr, I don't think he is comparing the players, but the situation. Would Clausen of been a better player had he really had time to settle in. He isn't a first overall you can just throw in there, he is a late second round QB. Meh, who really cares though we saved money.

Yeah, I agree. Carr has PTSD and was ruined by the Texans.

That being said, I notice how Clausen tends to look down to the ground when he is getting rushed or blitzed. A veteran knows that a blitz means somebody is open and will look to the field to find that person.

O-line sucking or not, a vet will find someone in those situations.

Archived