• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gabbert, Green, Fairlley

Rags

-We would be stupid NOT to take AJ Green considering Steve Smith having so many injuries, and getting old, and no true replacement in sight.

-We would also be stupid to go defense, when our problem has been and continues to be OFFENSE!

-We would also be stupid to take any other QB prospect whose potential look no different than of those we already have.

Even if we would have gotten Luck, our next move would have been the best WR we could get our hands on. Since he's not available, we simply move on to our #2 most needed area, and take Green!

Even if we would have gotten Luck, our next move would have been the best WR we could get our hands on.

No. Our next priority would be oline/oline depth to make sure or franchise player wouldn't get killed.

After that, our next priority would be Dline.

Then WR. Getting Green is just a wet dream for me, our biggest need is a QB, WR is down the list.

But right now, it might be best to try and trade down, or take the BPA with the #1.

There's no doubt in my mind he has character issues. But he has talent too. Not worth number 1 pick, but he has talent.

i agree, he has talent, but (like you said) NOT number one overall pick material, as for the character issues, he stole a laptop at Florida and of course the allegations of buying a term paper (that one would have some queston marks). i dont think he's worth the top pick.

Mallet is worth a look too, he has the skillset, he just needs to work on his accuracy a pocket presence some. He could be a NFL quaterback.

Honestly, he's not worth the pick either, BUT i rather gamble on him than Newton. Mallett's issues are he's not really mobile which means easy sack and he will remind MANY of Jay Cutler with very less mobility.

-We would be stupid NOT to take AJ Green considering Steve Smith having so many injuries, and getting old, and no true replacement in sight.

-We would also be stupid to go defense, when our problem has been and continues to be OFFENSE!

-We would also be stupid to take any other QB prospect whose potential look no different than of those we already have.

i agree on what you said about Green, people are looking at Keyshawn, but are forgetting about Calvin Johnson the number 2 overall pick who was a great pick. As for your points on defense, agree we dont need defense, BUT Fairley or Bowers are also great picks in their own right.

No. Our next priority would be oline/oline depth to make sure or franchise player wouldn't get killed.

After that, our next priority would be Dline.

Then WR. Getting Green is just a wet dream for me, our biggest need is a QB, WR is down the list.

But right now, it might be best to try and trade down, or take the BPA with the #1.

I am talking about this year's draft. Which OL is worth the number one pick? If there is one, then yeah, go ahead and take him, but I don't see one in sight!

The top prospects without Luck are the ones listed in this thread, and 2 of them are defensive picks. We need to FIX OUR OFFENSE! Another potentially elite WR threat WILL HELP and it's exactly the insurance we need if Smith will continue to underperform!

We have nobody to replace him. LaFell and Gettis are looking like potentially middle of the pack career receivers right now. Neither one screams elite to me!

I am talking about this year's draft. Which OL is worth the number one pick? If there is one, then yeah, go ahead and take him, but I don't see one in sight!

Here is was sayinf "if luck had entered, and we took him", ol would be our next need, not WR.

We have nobody to replace him. LaFell and Gettis are looking like potentially middle of the pack career receivers right now. Neither one screams elite to me!

They're rookies, it's way to early to tell. Gettis looks great if he can work on getting off jams) and so does LaFell (if he can work on his hands).

And before you say "Why are we judging Clausen, he's a rookie." You can say it's to early to judge Clausen, but what we did see, he looked like crap.

Our biggest need is QB, not WR, with or without Smitty.

Newton was NEVER accused of stealing a laptop. He was accused of purchasing stolen property from someone else that had stolen it. I think that's a pretty big difference. I mistakenly bought a stolen Ray-band many years ago, doesn't mean I stole it or am a bad person because of it.

As for the cheating, anywhere from 75%-98% of college students admit to cheating according to education-portal.org. I cheated during college and so did you and everyone reading this that went to college.

Archived