• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen will develop into a fine qb next season.

Pox 08

very true Koolkatluke, and one of the few things JR has said is that QB is an area they wish to address.

of course that was when Luck was around. Maybe that all changes now. =(

nah, you can't grow as a team w/ QB play continuing to be as bad as it was last season. Clausen playing so poorly also limited what guys like Gettis and LaFell were able to do. Carolina will definately have a different looking QB roster. I would think new HC would make certain of that. No new HC is gonna come in and agree to just ride out the leftovers that looked that bad.

Brady Quinn...... you mean the same guy that was with the Browns, being coached by Rip Scherer? Again, either he has the worst luck in the world with every qb he coaches, suddenly turning to poo, or he's just a horrible, horrible qb coach.

Despite my avatar, I'm not a Clausen fan boy, and have ripped on him quite a few times. But....

With a new OC, a new QB Coach, I think Clausen has a pretty good chance at success.

I know, I know, "when he had time in the pocket, he was horrible.". It was apparent he didn't trust his Oline, they sucked ass at protecting the passer early on in the season and in spurts even in the later games. Can you blame a rookie that took the kind of abuse he took for being a little antsy, feeling pressure where there was no pressure?

Can you really say the Panthers did everything in their power to help him succeed? Was Rip a good qb coach? Was Davidson a decent OC? Did you feel they tried to call plays to fit his strengths? It seemed to me no thought really went into it, that they were just doing the same generic plays they'd do with anyone back there.

I look at the Rams and see a team that changed their play style for their rookie qb. They gave Bradford a ton of rookie friendly plays. That franchise gave him confidence in knowing he was "their guy".

I'm not ready to write Clausen off yet. Hopefully, neither are the big wigs in charge.

Bottom line is Clausen didn't play well enough to stabilize the QB position and the position should be addressed as if he's not even on the team. If Clausen beats out the competition then that's wonderful.

Bottom line is Clausen didn't play well enough to stabilize the QB position and the position should be addressed as if he's not even on the team. If Clausen beats out the competition then that's wonderful.

Competition is always a good thing.

Archived