• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tight End Options

Mr. Scot

Tony Gonzales wants to be traded from the Chiefs.

GONZALEZ STILL SEEKING TRADE

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on February 4, 2009, 9:07 a.m.

The Chiefs have brought in a new GM and are currently searching for a new coach.

But those moves apparently haven’t changed Tony Gonzalez’s feelings from last season, and the tight end still wants to be traded, per Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said. “We’ve been rebuilding. It hasn’t really seemed to go well. We won four [in 2007] and two this year. It’s getting tough. … I don’t want to make it seem to the fans in Kansas City and to my teammates that I’m abandoning them. I hope, I think, they’ll understand.”

Cole’s report also shed some light on the Chiefs’ coaching search.

According to the article, Kansas City is expected to interview Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz, Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey, in addition to Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Gonzalez said Kansas City’s decision on a coach — which he expects to come by Thursday — will have an impact on whether he wants to stay or go.

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

Gonzalez also pointed to the team’s decision to deal Jared Allen last season.

“We traded away our best defensive player [Allen], by far. A game changer and you trade him away,” Gonzalez said. “That’s just too much, and that’s sending a message to the guys on the team.”

Knew someone would bring Gonzalez up. I've heard worse ideas. Imagine what the offense could have done with him as a weapon and/or safety valve this season.

Why would Pittsburgh trade Heath Miller?

Would the 32nd pick and Heath Miller be enough for Pep?

It was reported a while back somewhere that Tomlin wasn't all that keen on Miller. And they have Matt Spaeth behind him.

I wouldn't say that's enough, and the Steelers don't like giving up draft picks so it might be hard to get a good value trade there.

I'd love to acquire Miller, but a realistic trade scenario to get him likely doesn't involve Peppers.

(not that I expect it to happen regardless)

i wouldnt mind seein gonzales here for a year or two to give some of the younger guys we have some time to develop and they would have a great mentor. especially if we could get a good deal. i know it would never happen but it would be cool if we could work out a 3 or 4 team deal involving us, the cheifs, new england, and the chargers since all these teams have big name players they may be lookin to trade maybe we could walk away with gonzales and some other compensation from a couple of those other teams...yes this sounds crazy but im bored and its justa thought

Archived