• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If AJ Green is the Pick...

chknwing

Picking Green would be idiotic.

We would have used the following picks on WR in the last two years

From 2010 draft 78, 89, 198

From 2011 draft 1, 33 (Edwards trade)

You simply can't do that. If you guys want a reciever, we are going to have to add a vet through Free Agency.

So, Armanti in two drafts?

It really looks like your trying to manipulate the conversation to your liking..

You have to take Green. With our poor offense, you have to.

Neither Gettis nor LaFell possess the potential Green does, which exceeds that of others in his class like Fairley or Peterson.

If you want a DT or CB, we are going to have to add a vet through Free Agency.

Picking Green would be idiotic.

We would have used the following picks on WR in the last two years

From 2010 draft 78, 89, 198

From 2011 draft 1, 33 (Edwards trade)

You simply can't do that. If you guys want a reciever, we are going to have to add a vet through Free Agency.

should have done that with Bolden or Marshall... Green could be better than both for a lot longer.. I say go for it..

It really looks like your trying to manipulate the conversation to your liking..

Neither Gettis nor LaFell possess the potential Green does, which exceeds that of others in his class like Fairley or Peterson.

No way, a rookie WR is gonna have to deal with our inability at QB, which is gonna limit his "greatness". A rookie DT or CB doesn't rely on anyone except themselves to play at a good level.

No way, a rookie WR is gonna have to deal with our inability at QB, which is gonna limit his "greatness". A rookie DT or CB doesn't rely on anyone except themselves to play at a good level.

False.

And the gameplan here is to bring in someone to replace Clausen at QB.

If you can get a Kolb or a Hasselbeck, Green will be just fine and will contribute quite nicely.

False.

And the gameplan here is to bring in someone to replace Clausen at QB.

If you can get a Kolb or a Hasselbeck, Green will be just fine and will contribute quite nicely.

I'm saying they don't have to rely on anyone to get them the ball in order to be successful. And we aren't getting kolb, and I doubt Seattle lets Hasselback walk.

The only picks that make sense at number 1 are Newton, Fairly, and Peterson.

Armanti cost us a great pick this year, so yeah, he should count double, just as our Everette Brown pick.

Bull poo! Put down the damn madden controller and learn about real football. Like Ray Lewis says 'Real football, not fantasy football'. you NEVER take a WR there unless you like being the Detroit Lions.

I'm pretty sure madden doesn't have a controller made just for it but whatever floats your trolly.

I'm saying they don't have to rely on anyone to get them the ball in order to be successful. And we aren't getting kolb, and I doubt Seattle lets Hasselback walk.

The only picks that make sense at number 1 are Newton, Fairly, and Peterson.

This team is going to pursue another alternative at the QB position this year.

In the likely event they don't draft one because none of the clowns left at QB impress them, they'll have to address the position through another means.

Pull your head out of your arse.

If we waste a pick on any of those clowns, we'd be hurting ourselves.

This team is going to pursue another alternative at the QB position this year.

In the likely event they don't draft one because none of the clowns left at QB impress them, they'll have to address the position through another means.

Pull your head out of your arse.

If we waste a pick on any of those clowns, we'd be hurting ourselves.

And you know this how?

And you know this how?

Because Green's potential outweighs that of Fairley and Peterson's.

And when you consider the fact that there are more defensive prospects that are likely to enter FA than there are WR prospects, I think Green has to be the pick.

The only other position we should consider taking is QB, which is a high risk (high reward) move, while taking Green is a safe (also high reward) move.

Because Green's potential outweighs that of Fairley and Peterson's.

And when you consider the fact that there are more defensive prospects that are likely to enter FA than there are WR prospects, I think Green has to be the pick.

The only other position we should consider taking is QB, which is a high risk (high reward) move, while taking Green is a safe (also high reward) move.

No draft pick is a safe pick, pull your head outta your arse. :D

I'm not manipulating anything. We used a third on Armanti Edwards and gave up a second.

In all sense of the word, Armanti Edwards was drafted using a 2010 3rd, and a 2011 2nd. Is that not correct?

And I agree with the poster that said we should have done that with Marshall or Boldin.

With all the holes this team has I really wouldn't mind trading down to like 5 or 6 and picking up a second rounder. However, I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted Green.

A wide-reciever corps of Green, Smitty, LaFell, and Gettis + Armanti if he can get out onto the field would be very very nice. If we sign a vet qb and keep pickles and Pike you never know what could happen.

Man just imagine for a minute Clausen had panned out, oh wait then we wouldn't have the number one pick

Archived