• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If AJ Green is the Pick...

chknwing

I'm not manipulating anything. We used a third on Armanti Edwards and gave up a second.

In all sense of the word, Armanti Edwards was drafted using a 2010 3rd, and a 2011 2nd. Is that not correct?

And I agree with the poster that said we should have done that with Marshall or Boldin.

No. It isn't. We drafted 1 WR in 1 year. Regardless of what picks we gave up-it was 1 selection.

In all sense of the word, Armanti Edwards was drafted using a 2010 3rd, and a 2011 2nd. Is that not correct?

And I agree with the poster that said we should have done that with Marshall or Boldin.

We traded the 2011 2nd to obtain the 2010 3rd that we used to select Edwards. IOW, it was the same pick.

ANd there was no way that JR was going to go for the trades to obtain either Boldin or Marshall. Attitude cases that were DEMANDING a new deal? Never was going to happen.

We traded the 2011 2nd to obtain the 2010 3rd that we used to select Edwards. IOW, it was the same pick.

ANd there was no way that JR was going to go for the trades to obtain either Boldin or Marshall. Attitude cases that were DEMANDING a new deal? Never was going to happen.

lol... this is kind of what I was talking about in another thread where people have no idea what they are talking about sometimes..

Bolden was an "attitude case"...?

he would have been nothing short than a great leader to turn a franchise around with... both in character and work ethic..

Marshall could have been hit or miss, but even with the Miami issues this year, he went out every Sunday when he was healthy and played..

Curious where people get this inside knowledge where a player is going to implode on a franchise... he had a few issues early in his career and nothing since. I don't blame him for wanting out of Denver, their coach was just fired after only 2 years right? so maybe he had a legit issue with McDaniels that you all freely want to ignore..

and I dare you to explain to me how either of them did not deserve a new contract...

--------------

Now, aside from all this, I would prefer Green over them both because he is younger and has more tools than either Marshall and Bolden... along with picture perfect character, from what I've read.. who also would like to play in Carolina..

with no luck, I am convinced Carolina is dedicated to Clausen atleast for another year. Go back to the press conference. What did JR say, he said he wants the young players to play, I believe he will give Clausen another full season to develop under a coaching staff more acclimated to developing young players. Clausen will need all the help he can get, and AJ Green is exactly what he may need to get on track.

lol... this is kind of what I was talking about in another thread where people have no idea what they are talking about sometimes..

Bolden was an "attitude case"...?

he would have been nothing short than a great leader to turn a franchise around with... both in character and work ethic..

Marshall could have been hit or miss, but even with the Miami issues this year, he went out every Sunday when he was healthy and played..

Curious where people get this inside knowledge where a player is going to implode on a franchise... he had a few issues early in his career and nothing since. I don't blame him for wanting out of Denver, their coach was just fired after only 2 years right? so maybe he had a legit issue with McDaniels that you all freely want to ignore..

and I dare you to explain to me how either of them did not deserve a new contract...

--------------

Now, aside from all this, I would prefer Green over them both because he is younger and has more tools than either Marshall and Bolden... along with picture perfect character, from what I've read.. who also would like to play in Carolina..

Boldin has been holding his breath and pouting ever since Fitz got a deal paying more. That's fact, look it up. I never claimed to have any 'inside knowledge' that he would implode, only stated that his attitude as he chose to display it made him too big of a risk. I'm sure JR is ecstatic that so many folks are willing to gamble away Panther draft picks and $25 million of his money for a player whose impact would be questionable at best considering the QB situation.

ANd of course you want Green. You make it clear that you want flash over substance.

Boldin has been holding his breath and pouting ever since Fitz got a deal paying more. That's fact, look it up. I never claimed to have any 'inside knowledge' that he would implode, only stated that his attitude as he chose to display it made him too big of a risk. I'm sure JR is ecstatic that so many folks are willing to gamble away Panther draft picks and $25 million of his money for a player whose impact would be questionable at best considering the QB situation.

ANd of course you want Green. You make it clear that you want flash over substance.

first, it will always lead you astray to assume what someone is saying or looking for.. I think this bad habit of assuming things is why you are off on this point, and other points that we seem to battle around about.. if you think I just want a flashy WR, you haven't read a damn word I have written and if you have, you're reading comprehension is likely at the level of a 5th grader..

if you fail to recognize that Bolden, as unhappy as he was, always went on to play football and did not distract the team during the season, then you have yet again proved you fail to ignore very important facts to fit your assumptions..

that shows high character, as you will notice it's a very rare thing for a WR to put aside his feelings for the greater good of the team..

and he did deserve a new contract.. so to assume he should say "yess'um, coach, I will go under paid when I'm the other huge playmaker here" is a little far fetched..

if he is a top receiver, he will expect to get paid.. this is totally off topic to the point that he is a high character guy and put aside his differences for the betterment of his team..

please spare us all with Bolden is a character problem.. you couldn't be further from the truth..

Why are we talking about Boldin, it's not like he is leaving B'more anytime soon.

to point out that if we went FA, it would have been last year..

(even though there were a few idiots who swore going WR last year in FA was all about this year only, when they didn't have the foresight to know Bolden was a long term thing, not just this year.. how they got so short sighted is a real interesting question... )

aside from that, the FO didn't go for Marshall or Bolden, and so Green should be a real consideration at this point.. also, I think he is a better prospect than either Marshall or Bolden, due to age and overall ability..

Archived