• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC Scout on Gabbert

unicar15

you find a scout that doesn't mention his lack of presence in the pocket and his tendency to have happy feet and panic under pressure and i'll show you a scout that isn't paying attention.

i didn't even mention the fact that he has a lot of difficulty working the left side of the field and really favors the right side. this is something that defenses will really take advantage of. shut down the right side and force him to work the left side and you have INTs ready to happen.

Funny that so many people in here seem to think that they are better evaluators than the proffesional talent scout..

"Gabbert?? WHAT ABOUT NOOTEN? HE WON TeH HEIZMAN ON DAT HOE!"

I used to say that too, but have you noticed how many times the professionals have been wrong about QB's in the last 10-20 years? I've seen a lot of "pro ready" "can't miss" QB's crash and burn.

Of course, part of it is the ridiculous notion that they absolutely have to play right away if you invest a lot of money in them. To me that's backwards. If you're gonna invest a lot of money in something, the smart play is to do everything you can to make sure that investment pays off in the long run.

you find a scout that doesn't mention his lack of presence in the pocket and his tendency to have happy feet and panic under pressure and i'll show you a scout that isn't paying attention.

i didn't even mention the fact that he has a lot of difficulty working the left side of the field and really favors the right side. this is something that defenses will really take advantage of. shut down the right side and force him to work the left side and you have INTs ready to happen.

I take "happy feet" over No-Feet Newton every day..

The guy throws completely with his arm and is going to get slaughtered in the league. His size and his speed will mean nothing.

3-7 career record after 10 years being in the league! w00t!

why not just ask to have the #1 overall next year. seriously wouldn't be much better off than starting BSP.

Who the bloomin hell else would you get?

If you target Volek, you are targeting a mentor. If you target McNabb etc then you are going to have to pay a lot more for someone who isn't a legit starter any more.

Volek clearly is a good locker room guy and works hard off field, otherwise he wouldn't have stuck around.

No one thinks Volek can come in and win games, but you seem to be missing the point that the growing idea is that our FO want to give Clausen the chance to play.

I take "happy feet" over No-Feet Newton every day..

The guy throws completely with his arm and is going to get slaughtered in the league. His size and his speed will mean nothing.

i'd rather have neither if they aren't good enough.

i don't want to reach. the bad news is most of the choices are reaches. still, i don't want to invest in a QB early this year if it means reaching for one. as much as i want a QB in here, i don't see any that i absolutely love. i still believe that newton has the most potential, but he is someone that has to have an offense built around him and his skill set to be successful.

and gabbert isn't going to fair any better. talk about someone that is going to get slaughtered. i'd take newton in the pocket any day over gabbert. he'll have a longer lifespan and more able to make things happen. gabberts going to be a scrambling duck throwing INTs or balls into the stands just like clausen.

If you target Volek, you are targeting a mentor. If you target McNabb etc then you are going to have to pay a lot more for someone who isn't a legit starter any more.

Volek clearly is a good locker room guy and works hard off field, otherwise he wouldn't have stuck around.

No one thinks Volek can come in and win games, but you seem to be missing the point that the growing idea is that our FO want to give Clausen the chance to play.

Absolutely agree 100%

what in the world does volek have to offer as a mentor? it's a lazy choice.

i would much rather have bulger, hass, collins, or crap, even josh mccown here to help bring a QB along than rely on billy volek. if chad pennington could throw again i would rather have him in here as well. all of those guys have a whole lot more to offer than volek.

oh....and the FO and rivera doesn't necessarily want to give clausen a chance to play. they want him to have a chance to compete. you want to crown clausen the guy, you give him piss poor competition like volek. however, if you want to give the team a chance rather than one really suspect player that we had the misfortune of starting last year, then you bring in someone who could really compete and start games. honestly, i'd rather us try to bring in orton, or tarvaris jackson and have a real competition and try to give this team a chance at some wins. i guarantee you that will be the direction they go and from rivera's press conference it's pretty obvious that he would rather take that route.

Archived