• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

unicar15

Eh, TJ Yates had a better season than Gabbert, and he has 44 starts in a real pro style system. I'm not too crazy about either one of them as pros.

Im sorry, Yates didnt look as good as Gabbert in my eyes. Not everything is based off of stats

Heard something the other day about Freeman on espn talking about when he came out and the Bucs took him. Their GM said if they would have had the #1 pick they would have took him there. Basically saying if he's the guy then he's the guy no matter where you take him at

Our fanbase can't grasp this concept. Were too worried about how we look. We need the scouts to hold our hand and tell us who to like and take at #1

There isn't a player in this draft worth the #1. There's also a long time until April, players are going to skew all over the place by the time we actually pick.

There are much better prospects though. Green, Bowers, Fairley, Peterson, and Amukamara are the top level of prospects this season. Gabbert might, MIGHT be on the 2nd tier of prospects.

Our fanbase can't grasp this concept. Were too worried about how we look. We need the scouts to hold our hand and tell us who to like and take at #1

Yeah because they get paid 2 do that job.

I'm not coming 2 you for heart surgery. I'll go to a doctor who gets paid and went 2 school for that trade.

Some of you really need too quit with this I'm better then football scouts thing. These people get paid 2 do what they do all year around and give their opinion. You don't!!!! Do they make mistakes somtimes and miss out on some player? Yes!!! But so does the guy who makes my burger and puts mustard on it when I didn't want any. Do you not screw up at your job somtimes?

Why is it that you feel you know better then them? Do whatever job you do and let them do what they do.

Plain and simple if I like 2 go with a scouts opinion more then yours.

Gabbert is a better athlete than any QB we have in the stable now. Combination of size, arm strength, and mobility are some attractive qualities that put him over Clausen as far as prospects go. imo.

I don't know if you take him number 1, but given the uncertainty of Clausen you can't completely rule out looking at other prospects to develop.

The biggest key here is development though. I think its extremely important regardless of what we do in the draft or in FA to find the right fit in a QB coach.

My dream situation at QB is to draft a prospect like Gabbert. Woo a Bulger or Volek type hoping for the next Matt Schaub. And hope everyone forgets about Gabbert while we groom him into a pro.

Im sorry, Yates didnt look as good as Gabbert in my eyes. Not everything is based off of stats

Of course stats aren't everything. If you go by all the criticism I've seen of Cam Newton around here though, TJ Yates is the perfect QB because he has proven he can do everything that they say Cam can't do.

Pro style offense-check

44 starts-check

proven that he can put the ball in tight windows-check (see the LSU game where he completed pass after pass in tight coverage and against the #1 corner in the draft

completed passes to multiple receivers-check (he completed passes to at least 15 different guys in 2010)

a good leader-double check (held the team together through an NCAA investigation, his leading WR never played a snap, his starting TE got hurt halfway through the season, and he went through about 4 TB's and 2 FB's.

I would still take Cam Newton over TJ or Gabbert in a heartbeat.

I think he's going to be really good, personally. He has all the tangibles needed to be an NFL QB. I don't think people really understand how underutilized he was at Missouri and what a crappy coach Gary Pinkel is. Gabbert had a better sophomore year under Christiansen before he took the Wyoming job, and then he regressed a bit as a junior under Yost.

Who is going to pull the trigger on a QB in the first round this year? We are drafting Green in the first unless Hurney trusts Rivera to keep Fairley's antics under control. If you want a QB, hope for us to trade back up into the late first or early second and take him if he were to fall that far. I really don't see us reaching for a QB unless they fall to a reasonable level though.

If we pick another QB in the draft. That means he still has to develop like Clausen. It's not as if we could start him right away.

Would you rather have a qb that has every quality that Clausen doesnt or stick with him and hope he turns in to a good qb? Just because you bring in a "better" qb coach doesnt mean Clausen is fixed. We need a young prospect along with a veteran. I have a feeling Jimmy will take a few years longer than we want to progress if he ever does after everything he went through this season.

We are drafting Green in the first unless Hurney trusts Rivera to keep Fairley's antics under control.

Oh really Mr. Richardson? I guess Hurney decided to talk to you about this before you decided to pay out for a dirty DT or wide receiver right? :smilielol5:

Archived