• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Missouri Fans perspective on Gabbert

unicar15

Here are a few comments I found about Gabbert:

I loved getting the top QB in the nation, but I never really felt he was a fit. He's more pro-style and we run a spread. As soon as he gets re-acclimated to taking snaps under center, his size and arm will wow NFL execs and he will shoot up everyone's board.

I think its a good choice,Blaine is a pocket pass in a spread offense, not a good fit at Mizzou! He would regress w/another year under Yost!

Blaine Gabbert could use one more year in college to improve his decision making under pressure. He could use some more work on the long game.

If the projections on his draft status are accurate, I don't blame him from entering the draft. I just don't think he is quite ready.

Good luck to Missouri. - Iowa fan

This pro style v. spread offense in terms of a QB is nonsense. Regardless of the system you have to make reads, get through your progressions, and deliver an accurate pass. Rather than looking to the sidelines you have the OC telling you the play inside of your helmet. He's got the size, arm strength, and leadership ability that great QBs possess.

So there are some mixed reviews. Some of the fans that have watched him a lot think that he could use another year. But the majority of what I read was that he wasn't a fit in their offense. They think that he will go to another level if he gets into a pro offense where he has play-action options. His arm strength is apparently blue chip and worthy of a first round pick. IMO this guy needs to be the pick if he comes out and does well in the combine and the interview. IMO you don't pass up a guy that is a leader at QB when he is 6'5'' 240lbs and can move. The only thing that would downgrade him from the #1 pick in my eyes is if the GMs don't think he is capable of coming in and running a team because other than that IMO he has as much upside as any QB in recent memory.

Im a Missourian, I like the kid. Great size with a huge arm. His mobility is underrated as well. He can rush some throws and make some stupid mistakes under pressure at times, but a solid QB nonetheless.

I think everyone's expectations are high for the #1 pick since the Luck debacle. Forget luck exists and I think he would be considered a legit #1 candidate. Right or wrong.

I think a lot of people are underestimating him. I see him as another Big Ben. I know he was in a spread offense and all this other mess, but I really see him being a big time qb in the nfl. I do think Luck has made him look worse though

Hopefully our brass doesn't see it that way because you only have limited chances to take a kid that scouts rate as a legitimate top 5 player at QB. Outside of Luck, next year's QB class does not look promising. Matt Barkley will be in the draft (most likely) and I guess he could be a good QB but essentially looks like the second coming of Jimmy Clausen IMO. So its either Luck or bust in 2012. That is one reason I am hoping we don't pass up a chance to draft Gabbert this year. Sure...you won't get a chance to draft "the next Peyton Manning" next year but you could get a chance to draft "the next Ben Roethlisberger" if you draft Gabbert which I would take in a heartbeat.

Hopefully our brass doesn't see it that way because you only have limited chances to take a kid that scouts rate as a legitimate top 5 player at QB. Outside of Luck, next year's QB class does not look promising. Matt Barkley will be in the draft (most likely) and I guess he could be a good QB but essentially looks like the second coming of Jimmy Clausen IMO. So its either Luck or bust in 2012. That is one reason I am hoping we don't pass up a chance to draft Gabbert this year. Sure...you won't get a chance to draft "the next Peyton Manning" next year but you could get a chance to draft "the next Ben Roethlisberger" if you draft Gabbert which I would take in a heartbeat.

Yeah, if you look back when Matt Ryan was drafted he was in a class of "mediocre" qb's and didnt always get the best of the best scouting report. His big thing when he was coming out was he was a leader and needed to be taken for his leadership abilities. I see that with Gabbert and hope we dont pass

Best QB in the draft=/= Worthy of first overall pick.

Pass.

Heard something the other day about Freeman on espn talking about when he came out and the Bucs took him. Their GM said if they would have had the #1 pick they would have took him there. Basically saying if he's the guy then he's the guy no matter where you take him at

Archived