• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

East-West Shrine Game Today

Seamonk

Be sure to watch the East-West Shrine Game Today at 4pm on NFL Network.

Here's a link to the roster and coaches.

http://www.shrinegame.com/en/Teams.aspx

The Shrine Game is far older than the Senior Bowl and typically features more non-orthodox players from the Collegiate level than the Senior Bowl(which is normally more big names). Should be a good watch.

Discuss.

Speaking of the TE that Rivera is looking for, I've heard mention of DJ Williams as someone we should look to draft in the 3rd. WHY!? I've watched a bunch of video on him and he's not really that good at anything. He's small, he blocks ok for his size, but NFL defenders will eat his face. He body catches every other ball. He doesn't run particularly well after the catch, he often catches and then has an awkward transition to running, he's not particularly fast. The only thing I can say positively about him is it looks like he gets ok separation, but I only say that because most of the plays where the ball is thrown to him, he is pretty open. I don't know if it's good separation skills or just blown coverage. I'll keep Barnidge and Rosario any day. Rosario's hands have hot and cold streaks, but I really hope they work on developing Barnidge, he could be very good.

Let King go. I'm tired of the 3 yd passes to him and especially tired of the stupid TD celebration once or twice a year.

So if Tyrod Taylor drops to our comp pick do we pick him up? Harbaugh likes him. Reeves likes him. He can obviously run but they say he keeps his eyes down field looking for open recievers and uses his legs as a last option. Rather have him than Pike and Moore. Vet, Jimmy, Taylor.

So if Tyrod Taylor drops to our comp pick do we pick him up? Harbaugh likes him. Reeves likes him. He can obviously run but they say he keeps his eyes down field looking for open recievers and uses his legs as a last option. Rather have him than Pike and Moore. Vet, Jimmy, Taylor.

No. Hopefully this team understands those gimick QB's don't work out in the NFL.

Pretty sure many people on here will see that as Armanti Edwards Part Deux. Except he's more Pat White in terms of not wanting to switch from QB. His main downfall is his height. He's barely 6ft 3/4in. His Athleticism is worth a second rounder, but being contained in a pocket might force him to drop to the 4th. He's got high value in the the 3rd day. For him to be successful in the NFL a la Drew Brees (another 6ft qb) he'll have to find throwing lanes in the pocket. He's done a good job with it in the college level (all his Olines have been pretty tall), big arm, really good footwork in the pocket (WILL step up and will only run if he gets flushed). I just don't see it. If it happens, we'll have a Troy Smith type player.

Definitely will check it out...keep an eye on Marvin Austin...could be an option if we can get back into the second round. I will also be looking s athletic tight ends who could be that all around guy that Rivera is looking for.

keep a lookout for Cameron Jordan out of USC, real athletic & might be had in 3-5 round

Archived