• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I would rather _____ than suffer through a lockout in 2011.

SCP

...shave my sack with a straight razor and use Frank's Red Hot as after shave...

Nothing. I will be 42 next Monday so I have been around awhile and the bottom line is the salarys are way out of hand.

I am more than willing to sit a season for the long term success of this league. Players and fans say 'but they are making more money than ever'. The realists reply 'yes but they are spending WAY more than ever'. Why? Players salaries, retirement benefits etc.

These stadiums are being built to accomodate the money the owners have to pay out to maintain the game. Once players salaries get under control then US the fan can say 'ok now you owners have to cut the bull poo and lower ticket prices so us average joes can come to the games again'.

Force em to strike.

Nothing. I will be 42 next Monday so I have been around awhile and the bottom line is the salarys are way out of hand.

I am more than willing to sit a season for the long term success of this league. Players and fans say 'but they are making more money than ever'. The realists reply 'yes but they are spending WAY more than ever'. Why? Players salaries, retirement benefits etc.

These stadiums are being built to accomodate the money the owners have to pay out to maintain the game. Once players salaries get under control then US the fan can say 'ok now you owners have to cut the bull poo and lower ticket prices so us average joes can come to the games again'.

Force em to strike.

One thing to take note of is that the current CBA was negotiated before public backlash against publicly funded stadiums started. So the Owners agreed to it thinking that they wouldn't have to pay for their buildings. This is a good point raised here.

Agreed.

Ill survive (as will everyone else) not seeing greedy millionaires acting like they are somehow a special class of employees. Instead Ill watch kids play for the love of the game (and the hope of joining the aforementioned ranks).

Some college guys get paid quite a bit as well.

Archived