• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you do when you're depressed?

Cat

A guy I went to high school with passed away this past Saturday. He had a heart attack and he was only 29 or 30.

It's crazy when people you know and grew up with are no longer here, especially at such a young age. I know what you are going through.

Dude that sucks, sorry to hear that.

My friend was 29, knew him for 10 years. I think I might start doing things again that remind me of him. I've been avoiding a lot of those but maybe it will help.

depends on what im bummed about. no longer do drugs so that's out. i go from wallowing in my own pity to being real quiet to going out and buying something i cant afford.

what usually snaps me out of it is to remember the great times i had with that person and or try to go help somebody else out who is in a bad spot and get my eyes on someone else.

sorry to hear about your friend. i had a buddy die this past week who was one of the longest survivors with ALS. amazing dude

In all seriousness, two words help in all grief/breakup situations....STAY BUSY.

Your mind will drift back to your loss whether you want it to or not. Getting drunk or high will help when you aren't thinking about him, but make it worse when you are. Stay active. And give yourself time every day to sit and cry.

Archived