• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yasinskas NFC South Chat - 1pm

Mr. Scot

What a joke.

I posted several unique questions, but instead of answering them he kept posting responses from the same people regarding the same questions. Then he kept responding to joke questions, like trading for Jessica Simpson.

I know he's busy and has tons of responses, but why keep replying to the same people?

Yea I agree this seemed like a two bit pony show to me. Typical ESPN.

The Panther related stuff.

Donovan Barber Charlotte Nc: How do u c the julius Peppers situation playing out in Carolina? Ofcourse Franchise tag him but trade him where for who?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:03 PM ET ) Yes, they'll franchise him and trade him. It's really the only alternative. Not sure where he'll end up, but I think the Panthers can look for a package similar to what the Chiefs got for Jared Allen last year.

Jason Hancock Charlotte NC: Is there any news on Jordan Gross and Carolina?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:06 PM ET ) Pretty quiet. But I think they'll get something done with him.

Eric (Nashville, TN): It seems like fans from nearly every NFL team are clamoring for their team to make a run at Julius Peppers, yet I haven't heard any rumors about anyone actually planning to go after him. Do you think teams are leery of paying such a steep price for a guy who all but disappeared last year, or is it just too early for such rumors to fly?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:08 PM ET ) Hey, I'd be real hesitant to pay huge money to a guy who's been a malcontent and underachieved at times. Terrific talent, yes. But he's a gamble.

John Charlotte nc: Pat can the panthers get more for peppers then what the Chiefs got for Jared Allen last year considering that Jared Allen had off the field issue and peppers does not

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:09 PM ET ) Wouldn't got that far. As I said in last answer, I think there are concerns about Pep's attitude and motivation.

Garry(Charlotte): So Pat you are pretty much saying that Jordan Gross will have a new long term contract with the Panthers before or the day of Feb 19.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:10 PM ET ) That's just my guess. And I think the date is Feb. 27 for the start of free agency. If they're going to tag Gross, then it's Feb. 19. But I think the tag goes to Pep.

Eddie (Charleston, SC): How do you think Ron Meeks hiring will change the way the Panthers play defense?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:12 PM ET ) Not very much. Fox still runs the show.

Dave (Pittsburgh): Why would anyone spend serious money on Peppers? He's 31, an underachiever, wants to move to a 3-4, even though that won't increase his stats, and he'll want to be signed to at least a 4 year deal, guaranteeing that his production will drop off.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:15 PM ET ) Actually, I think Pep is only like 28. But your other points are valid.

thomas charlotte: pat do you think julus will go to the jets and play with his old partner kris jenkins. or do you think he is iffy seeing they have no quaterback

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:17 PM ET ) That's one to keep an eye on

Somehow I doubt journalists hold the really pressing news for their Friday Fanboy Chat.

;)

Adam Sheffter(SP?) made a good call on his chat about we were ether picking Meeks or Hasslet. Pats just a retard IMO and was one of the worst at the Observer IMO. I dont know how the hell he got a job at ESPN.

Part II.

Matt (Fayetteville nc: Pat please tell me that Panthers will Cut Ken Lucas .

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:26 PM ET ) I think that will be coming in the next couple weeks.

Phil (Rock Hill, SC): Are these people crazy regarding paying and trading for Bolden? Carolina has to re-tool their defense first. Their DL needs help even with Pepp. After locking up Gross... Their focus has to be on Defense correct? Who are players for JPepp sweepstakes?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:29 PM ET ) Thank you for some sanity on Boldin. Haven't heard a lot on Pep suitors, but I suspect there will be a bunch of them. Just guessing here, but I say look for him to go to a big-market team.

Garry(Charlotte): Pat are the Panthers still high on Jason Carter?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:32 PM ET ) They like him, but I don't think they see him as a superstar. Maybe a No. 4 WR.

Stephen: (Chapel Hill, NC):: Hey Pat, Any word on Jerry Richardsons recovery? We wish him the best.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:33 PM ET ) Just that it's so far, so good. I wish him the best, too. Great man.

Jason (Jacksonville, FL): Do you see Richard Marshall becoming a good choice next year to start?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:36 PM ET ) I think they've already penciled in Marshall as the starter.

Stephen: (Chapel Hill, NC):: Are Richardson's sons capable of following in his footsteps?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:37 PM ET ) Yes, Mark's been running the day-to-day stuff for years. And Jon runs the stadium well and is connected in the league circles.

Jason (Jacksonville, FL): With the hiring of Meeks do you think we will get away from that awful zone scheme that Fitzgerald ate up then said "thats what we expected from them they ran it all year, I am just glad Gamble was on me all night."

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:40 PM ET ) I'll say it again. Fox still runs that defense.

Steve (Myrtle Beach): If Peppers does leave will Charles Johnson and Brayton be the starters?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:42 PM ET ) I would hope they'd bring in someone else to add to that mix.

Michael (Robins AFB, GA): What do you think is going to happen to Jake D? He has never been a strong passer so why not look for a more accurate one?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:43 PM ET ) Your points are taken. But I'm not seeing any clear-cut alternative out there.

Ryan Charlotte nc: Pat bring someone else would be nice for the panthers as they should do that.But also let not forget that both Charles Johnson and Brayton had a very good season

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:45 PM ET ) I think Johnson's a player. But I wouldn't count on Brayton being a long-term answer as a starter.

Garry(Charlotte): Pat like you said Fox is the one that controls the defense and the D-coordinator is just an extension of himself. However having said that do you think that after the way the defense was eaten alive near the end of the season and against Arizona that Fox will be less stuborn and change some of his schemes.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:48 PM ET ) I would hope so.

Michael (Robins AFB, GA): Well I believe most qbs in the NFL would beable to fill his position with the panthers. All he does is hand the ball off and thats how we won this year was from the running game or Jake getting a football in the air for Smithy. I like Jake but I think its time to go younger and maybe try to pick one up somehow with Peppers.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:49 PM ET ) It's definitely something to consider.

Desmond chow nc kannapolis: pat can you see julius with demarus ware? or do you see him with lamar woodley and jamies harrion now that's havac lets not forget brett kisel contract is up and so is chris canty and marcus spears from dalls.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:53 PM ET ) I'd say Dallas is one to keep an eye on.

Zach (State College): Diehard panther fan here in state college. Do you think Diggs has another solid year at outside linebacker or do you think Dan Connor gets moved to the outside.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:57 PM ET ) I think they'll start off with Diggs as the starter, but if Connor comes back healthy he could be in the mix before long.

robert texas: hey pat think we can have peppers and we give you terrell ownes and another pick?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:57 PM ET ) Steve Smith and T.O. together??? That would be special -- on many levels.

Scott Green Charlotte : Pats why would the panthers consider trading Peppers to the Cowboys?? when the Cowboys don't even have a first round pcik.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (1:59 PM ET ) Stay tuned. Lots of things can happen.

Dan (NC): Pat, Panthers are ready tried a Cowboys Receiver (KJ). It didn't work out.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (2:00 PM ET ) Believe me, I'm not endorsing the T.O. move.

Andy (Ann Arbor): Steve Smith and T.O.??? Why not trade for Chad Oco Cinco while your at it.... complete the overrated WR train-wreck collectible set.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (2:01 PM ET ) Might as well get Boldin and Plaxico, too.

Paul (Albany, OR): Is Matt Moore a long term solution in Carolina? He sure grew a ton in his two years in the system at Oregon State.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (2:02 PM ET ) Not sure that Matt Moore is your answer. In fact, they like McCown better than him.

John Charlotte nc: So pat are you saying that the panthers could get Jessica Simpson insted of a first round pick for Peppers

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: (2:04 PM ET ) Hmmm, I wasn't thinking along those lines, but that's an interesting point. That's a good spot to jump off.

Well, at least Yas was trying to nicely explain just how stupid it would be for the Panthers to bring in Bolden. Cap space, bad attitude, competition with Smitty...etc. are all huge red flags. Yet some really seem fixed on that as a great solution.

Archived