• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yo, Golfers

Hawk

you guys hitting steel shafts or graphite? I'll assume the driver is graphite, how about your irons?

The general rule of thumb is this- swing speed is only one factor in considering graphite or steel shafts.

I am 6'6" and have 1" added to my club lengths. But that extra length also generates more momentum thru the ball.

A graphite shaft may give you more distance but a steel shaft will give you better accuracy. I'll take the accurate all day over a few yards.

I'm a +15 and I'll play anywhere, anytime if I can work it into my schedule. And, FWIW, my wife is the GM/COO of a private country club and I would be happy to host anyone for a round & cocktails... about 45-60 minutes out of Greensboro....

Greatest Irons ever made?

If you like playing clubs which killed the people making them. Well I do. It makes me feel important.

but really I play eye2's (not the killer copper) I have regripped them twice and had them regrooved but never once thought of changing them out. Until I play enough to play blades there is no point.

Mr Scot, I understood. Golfers are by their very nature lairs.

Just like fishermen.

I haven't played in years and the wife all of a sudden has expressed interest in going to the range and learning so this thread has been very helpful.

NO WIVES ON THE GOLF COURSE! GOLF IS SACRED MAN TIME DO NOT fug THIS UP FOR YOURSELF.

If she wants to play with her friends fine. If its a girl you just started dating and you want to feel her up and see her in white shorts again fine.

NO WIVES. You don't ask to go to shopping with her do you?

but to each their own.

Mr Scot, I understood. Golfers are by their very nature lairs.

Just like fishermen.

I haven't played in years and the wife all of a sudden has expressed interest in going to the range and learning so this thread has been very helpful.

Therefore, if your wife becomes a golfer she is then a liar as well.

So, where do you think she's really off to when she announces on Saturday morning she's headed to the course to meet her friends for 18?

Archived