• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torry Holt will lead us to the promised land

Fiz

Even in his rookie year, Jarrett was physically much more capable than Hackett, and yet in his second year he was still somehow inadequate to plug the hole which Hackett, a journeyman with a long medical history, was signed to fill.

Let me guess: you were saying the same thing about DeAngelo Williams, who couldn't supplant Deshaun Foster as our starter for his first two years?

Nobody's saying he should be starting. This thread was about signing Torry Holt, and since we have a #1 (smith) and #2 (moose) receiver he would be the #3. And since Jarrett is our #3 he would be taking his spot when I have not seen enough out of Holt to think he will contribute more then Jarrett as the #3 (especially in our offense). Since he probably has as much left in the tank as Moose you would essentially be blocking Jarrett's only chance at seeing decent playing time. And besides I saw Jarrett make some great 3rd down catches for us this year and I want to see what he can do with a larger role in this offense before you go finding his replacement.

Jarrett had a rookie year to make a decent cameo appearance. He did not. In Jarrett's sophomore year he had opportunities to beat an injured man for WR3. He did not. Giving Jarrett repeated opportunities ad-nauseum is not as important as the success of the Panthers.

Holt has been better than Steve Smith in many of their years, and better than Muhsin Muhammad in all but one. To even compare him to Jarrett is ridiculous. If Peppers goes to NE, we are going to have money to spend. Holt should be a serious candidate, if the money is reasonable.

Jarrett had a rookie year to make a decent cameo appearance. He did not. In Jarrett's sophomore year he had opportunities to beat an injured man for WR3. He did not. Giving Jarrett repeated opportunities ad-nauseum is not as important as the success of the Panthers.

Holt has been better than Steve Smith in many of their years, and better than Muhsin Muhammad in all but one. To even compare him to Jarrett is ridiculous. If Peppers goes to NE, we are going to have money to spend. Holt should be a serious candidate, if the money is reasonable.

i would say he did beat him out. one is on the roster still and the other is ??????

the one who still has the job wins.

i wouldn't object to holt coming in at a decent price but i would rather see us spend the money on defense and us commit to jarrett to see what he can do given more opportunities.

he does everything he is asked and catches what is thrown his way.

long term jarrett is the better option.

With how our coaches operate you cant assume that he couldnt "beat hackett"..

considering hackett got cut, and jarrett is here, i would say its right the opposite.

Jarrett made some very important catches for us last season, and was a BIG part of us winning some games.

Archived