• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Rock comes back to the WWE

YoungPanthers89

• 3 weeks later...

So far the rumours are Undertaker, Jericho, one of the McMahons, or, believe or not, Jeff Hardy for the 1/2/12 return. My best bet is Jericho and it makes sense because when he came to the WWE in 1999, it was the Y2K scare that got people hyped. Fast forward to 2012, when world is suppose to end and the cryptic videos playing that has a very world-ending theme, it all seems like a Jericho themed promo.

So far the rumours are Undertaker, Jericho, one of the McMahons, or, believe or not, Jeff Hardy for the 1/2/12 return. My best bet is Jericho and it makes sense because when he came to the WWE in 1999, it was the Y2K scare that got people hyped. Fast forward to 2012, when world is suppose to end and the cryptic videos playing that has a very world-ending theme, it all seems like a Jericho themed promo.

Love Jericho, makes a great heel.

The WWE needs someone who can draw besides Cena or the old guard. Punk can't, Orton can't, hell there isn't anyone besides those 2. WWE are turning to Kane, Jericho, and the Rock? I was a huge fan during the Attitude era/MNW saga and I still DVR WWE and TNA but nothings interesting. The best thing that had my interest was the Nexus/Wade Barrett storyline but that was killed off. Even the start of the Punk going rogue was interesting and it was killed after a few weeks. I really wonder why the writers can't come up with something good.

The brand split hurts but I put a lot less emphasis on the stories and a lot more on the in ring action. I'm a fan of Punk/Danielson/etc because they're good workers in the ring. It helps that Punk is good on the mic too but that's not where my rooting interests lie.

There is a great crop of young talent in Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Antonio Cesaro that are ready to take over for the aging vets but don't or haven't been given that opportunity yet. I'm interested in seeing how Ziggler does during his main event run to see how he works as a headlining heel because we've already seen that he and Punk can put on great matches.

The real problem with the product lies in the fact that WWE puts more emphasis on how the wrestlers look and work on the mic over there actual in ring ability. At the SmackDown live event here in Raleigh a few weeks ago the best actual match was Tyson Kidd vs. Evan Bourne and it was the dark match before the Superstars tapings.

Archived