• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The You're about to have a baby thread.

The Saltman

I appreciate all the advice, guys. What I'm taking away most from all this is to develop a routine and stick to it, no matter how much they cry.

Our plan was to have a bassinet in the room. We also have just a plan audio monitor, not video. You guys have got me rethinking both of those decisions.

You reallly think it's a good idea to put a baby in another room its first night home?

i did the bassinet thing and it all depends on how comfortable u are with it. If u do though when u are ready to transition to the crib make sure its through sleep training. Do what feels right but remember once u put your baby in a crib and u dont sleep train them u will have a lot more problems later.

Sleep training is good........Nyquil is better :D

Congrats to anybody contemplating having another child. I love babies and would have had maybe one more if I wasn't air gapped. When it comes to having more than one child they say 1 is like 1, 2 is like 3, 3 is like 5 and so on and so on. You gotta be some kind of masochist,.

All some really good advice here and Z pretty much nailed it with his suggestions, Rep to you buddy.

Trust me, I know, the sooner you get the child used to sleeping in their own room, the better. And yes, they will get used to noises. My youngest 2 PanthaSon's #4 and #5 had both their cribs in one room and hey even got used to sleeping if the other was crying or fussing.

Parenting is not easy and do your best. Things usually work out....

not long now for me. i'm all set up too, and happy to have it all squared away. only thing left to worry about is my dogs.

someone told me that taking the receiving blankets home from the hospital is a good way to get the dogs used to the baby before it actually gets home. anyone have experience with it, or any other tricks?

not long now for me. i'm all set up too, and happy to have it all squared away. only thing left to worry about is my dogs.

someone told me that taking the receiving blankets home from the hospital is a good way to get the dogs used to the baby before it actually gets home. anyone have experience with it, or any other tricks?

http://www.cesarsway.com/tips/yournewdog/introduce-your-dog-to-your-baby

This is a great summary

I appreciate all the advice, guys. What I'm taking away most from all this is to develop a routine and stick to it, no matter how much they cry.

Our plan was to have a bassinet in the room. We also have just a plan audio monitor, not video. You guys have got me rethinking both of those decisions.

You reallly think it's a good idea to put a baby in another room its first night home?

You can let the baby sleep in the same room for a couple nights if it makes you feel better, but DO NOT keep doing it or you will pay later on. My kid slept in the same room as us for 3 months before I had enough and told the wife either the baby goes into her own room or I start sleeping somewhere else. Newborns are squeaky and they will wake you up at least once very hour, even if it's only when they are stretching.

Archived