• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The You're about to have a baby thread.

The Saltman

I appreciate all the advice, guys. What I'm taking away most from all this is to develop a routine and stick to it, no matter how much they cry.

Our plan was to have a bassinet in the room. We also have just a plan audio monitor, not video. You guys have got me rethinking both of those decisions.

You reallly think it's a good idea to put a baby in another room its first night home?

We had a routine of eat, play, sleep. I didn't let him sleep when I was breast feeding him. I tried to keep him awake so he would get full feedings. That would extend the time between feedings.

Letting them cry can be tough but I think it's totally acceptable. If they aren't hungry or dirty there isn't much else you can do. Likely they are tired and just crying because they are tired. My 4 year old still does that sometimes. lol

After a while, you'll know by how your baby is crying if he/she actually needs something or if he/she is just fussing.

Just fussing, don't give into it. I don't have any problem with this, but the wife is a softy so she goes and picks her up sometimes.

Baby's been sleeping through the night most every night since she was 2 months old.

I suggest not eating leading up to the c-section

However make sure you eat before you go to the hospital before giving birth! They don't feed you a damn thing. I went over 24 hours without any food. By the time he was out I was starving!!!!

However make sure you eat before you go to the hospital before giving birth! They don't feed you a damn thing. I went over 24 hours without any food. By the time he was out I was starving!!!!

:lol:

I think hunger pushed my wife over the edge for wanting a C-section, induction didn't work after 36 hours and it would have been at least another 36 to try vaginal birth.

Klong-Eww, if she has a C-section they will put up a curtain so you don't have to see that poo. the smell of burning flesh is bad enough.

i don't think we will have to do c-section, but there is always a chance. the classes we took informed us about eating.

Yeah they didn't mention that in mine. :(

I woke up early Saturday morning in labor. I didn't eat dinner the night before and i was in labor 17 hours.

Our trip to the hospital was ridiculous. It was a Saturday and we hit construction traffic 3 times!!!!! Saturday morning at 10 shouldn't be congested but it was. Are u kidding me!

Archived