• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble

Paintballr

So earlier in the season, well towards the end of the regular season, Gamble had some rumblings on here that he "mouthed off" or did something to the team where he wasn't even activated for some of the games. Some say it was due to injury (which I believe some of it was) and some of it was just not active.

Now with a new DC and HC that might actually game plan towards our CB's strengths, do you think he might have changed his tune a little? If not that might mean we will be going CB in the first round in the draft to have a replacement on board for him. Anyone hear anything or know anything?

I understand Gamble's gripe 100% and don't hold mouthing off against him.

I do think he'll be re-energized by the change in staffs and philosophies.

Yep. With Fox essentially giving up, it was painfully obvious his agenda for this season was to get back at JR rather than win games.

Honestly surprised more players didn't react the way Gamble did.

Gamble is one of the most laid back, easy going guys on the roster. I don't blame Fox either, nor do I blame JR--I am happy we moved on. I understand why JR would not fire Fox too. Just a bad situation.

Bright side? McClain got some good experience. He looked bad at times, but let's face it--our rookies were not brought along last year. Meeks will get this group right. Throw in a rookie, we are set.

If my memory is correct, didn't this start when the team was reviewing the Ravens game (ugh...) and on the 1st TD pass to Housh, Gamble was blamed for giving up the TD instead of Godfrey which frustrated him to the point of walking out of practice?

Also, I believe Gamble's injury as much as I believe Delhomme's injury the year before...

gamble isn't really the issue though i'd like to see him work on his tackling more. the real issue are on the other side of the field but still on defense. those guys worry me. based on height we're giving up and too much attitude with the other guy. eventually, they'll all get replaced but this is more reason to chase pat patterson.

Archived