• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh on Cam Newton

teeray

I know, I know. Your plan to keep this franchise from being set back is to just sit around and pray Clausen isn't as sh*tty as everyone already knows he is.

Or get some pooty washed up FA who was cut from another team bc he wasn't good enough there.

Or waste our future drafts to hopefully find a career back up that is secretly a franchise QB.

That might work too :rolleyes:

No my plan is to not ruin this franchise and shackle a potentially great HC with a Gimmick one hit wonder that IS going to be a huge bust in this league.

MY plan is trade back, pick up a 2nd this year and an additional first next year and be in position to pick from hopefully a much better crop of QB's next year. MY plan is get a good veteran in here via trade and lets turn this thing around NOW. MY plan would be to set Rivera up to succeed, not draft a coach killer for him or someone that takes 3 more years to develop.

No just this one...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192029

Josh Freeman, THREE Seasons at D1, not a one hit wonder in the worst offense in college ball to prepare a QB to be ready for the NFL outside the triple option.

Oh and on Freeman, how many problems dad cause? None. how many laptops stolen? None. How many times he run from a major university because he was going to be punt kicked and couldn't beat out the starter? None.

Newton and Freeman = apples and Oranges. I would take Freeman in a heartbeat over QB in THIS draft.

No just this one...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=192029

Josh Freeman, THREE Seasons at D1, not a one hit wonder in the worst offense in college ball to prepare a QB to be ready for the NFL outside the triple option.

Oh and on Freeman, how many problems dad cause? None. how many laptops stolen? None. How many times he run from a major university because he was going to be punt kicked and couldn't beat out the starter? None.

Newton and Freeman = apples and Oranges. I would take Freeman in a heartbeat over QB in THIS draft.

You do know there is coaches film that all the GM's have of Cam from his time at Blinn right?? Remember, the place where he also won a national championship?? That doesn't constitute a one hit wonder. What does JC not count bc it isn't big time football. Joe Flacco would be upset to hear that since he didn't play big time football. Or Tony Romo. Or Daunte Culpepper. Or Steve McNair. Or Randy Moss etc.

If it ain't on TV it don't count right?? Dumbass.

What problem did his dad cause for Cam Newton. Nobody has implicated Cam Newton to any of that stuff anyway. He stole a laptop??? When did he get convicted of that? Oh wait he didn't.

So, Cam isn't a one hit wonder. He has film from back to back seasons. He was cleared by the NCAA. He wasn't convicted of stealing anything.

Other than that good argument. :rolleyes:

You do know there is coaches film that all the GM's have of Cam from his time at Blinn right?? Remember, the place where he also won a national championship?? That doesn't constitute a one hit wonder. What does JC not count bc it isn't big time football. Joe Flacco would be upset to hear that since he didn't play big time football. Or Tony Romo. Or Daunte Culpepper. Or Steve McNair. Or Randy Moss etc.

If it ain't on TV it don't count right?? Dumbass.

What problem did his dad cause for Cam Newton. Nobody has implicated Cam Newton to any of that stuff anyway. He stole a laptop??? When did he get convicted of that? Oh wait he didn't.

So, Cam isn't a one hit wonder. He has film from back to back seasons. He was cleared by the NCAA. He wasn't convicted of stealing anything.

Other than that good argument. :rolleyes:

+1:cool:

JC football is nothing compared to even D3 football.

You might as well consider me a winner too because my Top Gun flag football team went undefeated a few years back and we were way more impressive than Blinn or Auburn.

if it ain't on TV it don't count! :rofl:

if it ain't on TV it don't count! :rofl:

You might as well add their HS records. Jimmy Clausen best QB ever.

Honestly JC is a fuging joke. It's an embarrassment and should never ever be talked about when talking about a pro prospect.

You are cheapening your argument by bringing it up. It shows you guys are desperate. That you need something to cling on to because Gabbert is mopping the floor with Cam and your little heart can't take it.

There are at least one or two good points to make about Cam left, you don't need to drag Super Highschool football records into it.

OMG More negrepping for NCMonsta. He's such a powerful force on these boards with his 2000 rep points. What will I ever do without his approval?

Watch out guys, if you say anything about Cam that he doesn't like, you may get a little red dot next to your post from him.

Everytime NCMonsta protects Cam on the interwebz he feels he is one step closer to being with his one love, his everything.

You might as well add their HS records. Jimmy Clausen best QB ever.

Honestly JC is a fuging joke. It's an embarrassment and should never ever be talked about when talking about a pro prospect.

You are cheapening your argument by bringing it up. It shows you guys are desperate. That you need something to cling on to because Gabbert is mopping the floor with Cam and your little heart can't take it.

There are at least one or two good points to make about Cam left, you don't need to drag Super Highschool football records into it.

I Gabbert is mopping the floor with Cam than draft Gabbert.

Why can't you use film from Blinn. Just bc the competition isn't up to what you consider par. How does anyone watch film on D-1 AA teams. Their competition isn't as strong as the SEC.

Plus you should know since you consider yourself a QB savant that you aren't looking at the competition when you are evaluating film. You are watching the QB and evaluating what "tools" he has and if they translate to the NFL.

So I promise you that most of the scouting departments have his film from Blinn.

Thje fact you guys want him to be a one hit wonder is all you guys can hold onto right now so you are desperately grasping for what ever you can think of.

Problem is you guys have been wrong at every turn.

But guess what. If at the end of the day Rivera and Hurney decide that Gabbert is mopping the floor with Cam and decide to draft Gabbert or even Mallett instead.

Well then fug Cam I will be on the Gabbert/Mallett train as soon as it leaves the station.

It ain't about Cam. It is about getting this football team to a level in which it can actually compete in the NFC South

I Gabbert is mopping the floor with Cam than draft Gabbert.

Why can't you use film from Blinn. Just bc the competition isn't up to what you consider par. How does anyone watch film on D-1 AA teams. Their competition isn't as strong as the SEC.

Plus you should know since you consider yourself a QB savant that you aren't looking at the competition when you are evaluating film. You are watching the QB and decided what "tools" he has and of they translate to the NFL.

So I promise you that most of the scouting departments have his film from Blinn.

Thje fact you guys want him to be a one hit wonder is all you guys can hold onto right now so you are desperately grasping for what ever you can think of.

Problem is you guys have been wrong at every turn.

But guess what. If at the end of the day Rivera and Hurney decide that Gabbert is mopping the floor with Cam and decide to draft Gabbert or even Mallett instead.

Well then fug Cam I will be on the Gabbert/Mallett train as soon as it leaves the station.

It ain't about Cam. It is about getting this football team to a level in which it can actually compete in the NFC South

You can look at tools but that's not what you are arguing. You are arguing that he won at the JC level and played well so he's not a one year wonder. Again, that's like me saying I won the championship in my flag football league and played well in D3 so I'm not a one year wonder either?

Jimmy Clausen also dominated HS so he's not even a 2 year wonder. He's got 6 years of awesomeness. So much more awesome than Cam.

I'm sure they are looking at the film, but it in no way shape or form doesn't make him a one year wonder.

I know you probably made all conference on your JC basketball team and you don't want me to discredit your accomplishments but that poo doesn't matter. No one cares about JC performances and records.

God I can't wait till you fukin leave after the draft

Archived