• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh on Cam Newton

teeray

Sorry I know we were all wanting another Newton thread :rolleyes:

I thought is was a funny quote and I agree with him so figured I would throw it out here:

Jim Harbaugh on Cam Newton: "That's plutonium-grade raw material... I haven’t seen upside like with this guy in probably the last 10 years."

Of course there is some stuff in there for Cam Haters to latch onto as well so should be fun for both sides

I thought is was a funny quote and I agree with him so figured I would throw it out here:

Of course there is some stuff in there for Cam Haters to latch onto as well so should be fun for both sides

A great analagy. You have to wonder if he doesn't want the challenge.

Cam had more college production than any other QB in the draft, and he has much more upside. I guess I can understand why that would scare the hell out of some people, but it doesn't scare me half as bad as the prospect of 2-3 more years of the worst QB play in the league. I seriously doubt it can get any worse than last year, even if they put Cam out there as a rookie and have him run the zone read option for half the damn game.

Defense is great, and I like having a defensive minded coach, but you can't win with the worst offense in the entire league.

Maybe I'm blind and missed it, but do you have a link so we can read the entire article?

Thanks.

Maybe I'm blind and missed it, but do you have a link so we can read the entire article?

Thanks.

I cam from Matt Barrows and was retweeted by Evan Silva on twitter. Sorry didn't mention that.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

by evansilva

Jim Harbaugh on Cam Newton: "That's plutonium-grade raw material... I haven’t seen upside like with this guy in probably the last 10 years."

Cam had more college production than any other QB in the draft, and he has much more upside. I guess I can understand why that would scare the hell out of some people, but it doesn't scare me half as bad as the prospect of 2-3 more years of the worst QB play in the league. I seriously doubt it can get any worse than last year, even if they put Cam out there as a rookie and have him run the zone read option for half the damn game.

Defense is great, and I like having a defensive minded coach, but you can't win with the worst offense in the entire league.

SHHHHHHHH...don't say the C word! No one cares how any of these guys handled themselves in college.

I think that's a good characterization of Cam Newton... and if you don't know how to handle plutonium grade raw material it will kill you, but if you can handle it you have a powerful weapon.

sounds good to me but JR is still learning email and texts and mumbling about pie charts...

Archived