• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With every WIN we SCREW the EAGLES EVEN MORE

charlottenian

Cause our 1st pick in the upcoming gets closer and closer to #32 making the Otah pick at #19 an even BETTER deal.... Many of us were pissed at the trade, but let's face it, you won't find a caliber player like Otah in the later part of the 1st round. Every chance we get to bend over Philly, I smile with glee.

The handful of Eagles fans in my life were giving me sh*t about that for weeks after it happened, mainly because everyone outside of the fanbase and local media pretty much assumed that we were going to end up with a vacuum at quarterback because of Delhomme's surgery. They were talking possible top five pick. Sorry about that, guys :D.

Otah and Stewart were both home runs at any place in the first round. I know that Clady and Baker are (were in Baker's case) having good seasons but they don't seem to be as dominant in the run game as Otah.

loadholt is this years otah......... and early reports is a 2nd rounder (i bet much higher). more i read about this draft, not as happy about loosing that pick. that said, he won me over last night. as i looked at the draft getting closer, and the price we paid for a RT, i wasnt happy, we gave up LT worth draft wise. that said he and vincent owned the right side of the line last night, and atleast for 1 night he was more than worth it. still a high price for a RT, but if he becoems the top RT, money well spent.

oh and clady is who i wish we got not otah. he is stud LT, and gross could do his thing at RT, where he is a probowler.

Otah and Stewart were both home runs at any place in the first round. I know that Clady and Baker are (were in Baker's case) having good seasons but they don't seem to be as dominant in the run game as Otah.

I haven't watched enough on Otah to comment on him, but I can tell you that Clady has been excellent in the run game. There's been several plays where the Broncos can reel off several extra yards on the left side because Clady can quickly get downfield and get a mismatch on a LB or a DB. Quite amazing for a man his size.

Archived