• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Going to Laugh...

Catalyst

@teeray im a Panthers fan, wbu?

@mav1234 yea i understand your point, but i guess there is that chance Cam is not like everyone else and could be that star, but only time can tell. He could be amazing or he could suck in the NFL everyone has their own ideas but known of us will know until he actually plays. I just think it would suck if we passed on Cam and he ended up being amazing, then we would regret it, but then again that could happen with any player, right?

Your "all signs point to Mallett" counter-argument is flawed. Nobody considers Mallett to be even a top-10 pick so you assume we're only looking at him to cover all the bases. The only two who are possibilities at QB are Newton & Gabbert.

You've talked to the Panthers scouting department?

Or are you making the same mistake many others are making and assuming that what you hear from draft experts is indicative of what our scouting department thinks?

The two have no connection whatsoever.

Old people don't know how to use the internet

:incazzato:

thats great, too bad being selected is only being selected. Then, you should be more worried that all the guys who are clamoring for him to be the pick live up to expectations. If he does, then it's a win/win for everybody, then hopefully we can be laughing at the stains, falcons and buccs together, our real enemies.

I think people expecting a huge reaction from the Anti_newton crowd are going to be disappointed, but then again this board will melt down at the drop of a hat :lol:

It's well-known that I don't think we should draft Newton. Neither do I think we should take Gabbert, Mallett, Locker or any other prospect this year, and I've stated the reasons. Yet somehow Newton is the only one I supposedly "hate". Gimme a break :rolleyes:

Now, if the Panthers do draft Newton, then I'll hope he succeeds. If he ends up somewhere else, then honestly I won't give a rip whether he succeeds or not (except when he plays against us). Ditto any of the other guys. It most definitely won't be the first time I've had to get behind a pick I thought was a mistake. I do it because I'm a Panther fan.

It really is that simple :sosp:

I think people expecting a huge reaction from the Anti_newton crowd are going to be disappointed, but then again this board will melt down at the drop of a hat :lol:

It's well-known that I don't think we should draft Newton. Neither do I think we should take Gabbert, Mallett, Locker or any other prospect this year, and I've stated the reasons. Yet somehow Newton is the only one I supposedly "hate". Gimme a break :rolleyes:

Now, if the Panthers do draft Newton, then I'll hope he succeeds. If he ends up somewhere else, then honestly I won't give a rip whether he succeeds or not (except when he plays against us). Ditto any of the other guys. It most definitely won't be the first time I've had to get behind a pick I thought was a mistake. I do it because I'm a Panther fan.

It really is that simple :sosp:

Yea with the exception of just a few guys who are against Cam, most of us with unbiased logic just want who we think are the best players. None of us can prove who is the best prospect at this point, but it's not hard to see that defense is where the top talent of this draft.

Not sure what the OP is trying to get out of this thread other than in a couple years if we draft him and he is successful, he can spend his time sifting thru a bunch of old threads finding anti-cammers and saying ha-ha to them.

It seems to the OP that just drafting Cam is good enough, who cares his success level. I just want the Panthers to be good again, and since moving up to NYC, I havent been able to talk much trash ever since the week 1 last year when I was in an Eagles bar talking then got humiliated.

Archived