• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did you meet your spouse/significant other/partner?

Darth Biscuit

A coworker set me up with their niece. It was the last day of work before our offices closed for Christmas, and my coworker said "I really want you to meet my niece." I said "Sure, give her my email and phone number, I'm always up for meeting new people." I didn't think the girl would call - after all, I probably wouldn't call some random girl that my aunt tried to set me up with. So I go home to Raleigh for Christmas (I live in Atlanta), and I'm talking with my aunt. She happens to be a house mother at a sorority at UGA. She's asking me about my love life, and I'm telling her that I've basically just been dating but haven't been back in a relationship since splitting up with my ex about eight months ago. For whatever reason I told her that a coworker was trying to set me up with her niece, and I remembered the coworker telling me that her niece had been in a sorority at UGA. So I told my aunt the girl's name and my aunt says "I know her. She was a member of the sorority that I'm a house mother for!"

I get an email from this girl the next day that says "So, this is me writing you the 'my aunt wants to set me up with you' email." It was a hilarious and cute email, so I called her the next day on my ride back to Atlanta. We went on our first date a few days later, and the rest is history. That was three and a half years ago.

To this day we still joke about the fact that I knew her aunt and she knew my aunt before we even met. I think we're the only ones that find that interesting.

Yeah.

It may have been asked, but it wasn't me asking canada boy. :p

I have no new ideas bee-otch. :confused5:

We have talked about how you did your proposal and where you went/what you did on your first date....

I don't recall there being a How Did You Meet thread...

oh, and you suck Hawk :D

was on the west coast with a bunch of my buddies on a motorcycle trip. We were all on the beach playing volleyball, which seems to be a common thread here today, and two chicks asked if they could join so of course we said yes. We started talking/flirting and 17 years later, here we still are.

PS...happy now Boo and Boo's secretary?

was on the west coast with a bunch of my buddies on a motorcycle trip. We were all on the beach playing volleyball, which seems to be a common thread here today, and two chicks asked if they could join so of course we said yes. We started talking/flirting and 17 years later, here we still are.

PS...happy now Boo and Boo's secretary?

Oh no... don't post in here party pooper.

She probably just liked you because you are 8' tall and were playing volleyball.

when I first met my wife, it was 9 months before we started dating.

She was dating some loser in Greensboro, who probably posts here. After they broke up, he kept calling her crying and wanting her back, even for a couple of months after we had started dating.

dated her niece first, then in true jerry springer form i dumped the niece and married the aunt. 14 years later, i guess it was a good call. her niece is still a lil hottie tho, but she's cheated on the husband many times.

Archived