• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for Newton dislikers and also for Newton lovers

Brokenbad

To me as with most its the risk associated with Cam.He has all the physcial attributes to be a pro bowl QB. I think the flaws in his technique can be corrected with a good qb coach.Even looking past his lack of maturity in college my main concern is he serious and willing to be a student of the game.Can he drop his prima donna personification and actually humble himself

a year to watch study and learn.Sometimes great atheletes try to rely too much on their athletic ability versus making that second or third read.He reminds me alot of Michael Vick who has just now has humbled himself to rely on his brain and arm versus his athletic prowlness.

I cannot answer the question and I believe that is why the Panthers are spending so much time with him, not so much his physcial ability but getting into his head.

My personal opinion is the Panthers would like to trade down as I would but that will probaly not happen.Regardless we will have to bring in a Vet and it will be another year to evaluate if he was the right pick.My hope is they listen to the coaching staff and not soley on Hurney.

For dislikers:

If you strongly disliked Cam Newton and he was drafted with heavy inluence by Ron Rivera, would it change your perception of our new head coach? Would you automatically label him a bonehead?

For Cam lovers:

If Cam Newton was not drafted with heavy influence by Ron Rivera, would you consider him a dumbass?

I wouldn't hold it against Rivera one bit. Or Hurney for that matter. Now, if we drafted Nick Fairley, that would change, but for just not taking Cam? It wouldn't change my opinion of Rivera at all.

For dislikers:

If you strongly disliked Cam Newton and he was drafted with heavy inluence by Ron Rivera, would it change your perception of our new head coach? Would you automatically label him a bonehead?

For Cam lovers:

If Cam Newton was not drafted with heavy influence by Ron Rivera, would you consider him a dumbass?

No.

Archived