• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Manning anyone?

Brokenbad

At this point in his career, would you make a move to snag him?

There his been rumors of drafting a succesor very soon:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f2ba76/article/polian-colts-could-select-mannings-successor-in-this-draft?module=HP_headlines

This isnt the only thing I have read about Peyton possibly leaving.

The potential blockbuster deal I had in mind was our 2011, 2012, (and possibly 2013) first round picks for Manning and their 2011 first and second round pick.

I know due to CBA restrictions this isnt a possibility atm.

However, would you do something similar for Peyton Manning?

there is absolutely no way they let manning go. no fuging way. zero.

...that being said, I'd take him. Sure.

The Colts were dumb enough to never equip Manning with an adequate running game, or other offensive weapons. He made stars out of the other players on his offense.

The Colt's Defense never scared anyone either. I think the Colt's could have more SuperBowl wins than Brady's Pats right now if they had built the team for success.

Dont believe me? Refer to the one game that Curtis Painter was the starter.

So I think they would be dumb enough to let him walk. Will the Panthers bite is the question?

1) there is no QB they would want at #1 because if you trade Manning to get that QB you are very likely looking for an immediate impact at QB. None of the guys at #1 would walk on the field and do much of anything compared to what Manning does. Why they would take a tremendous downgrade... is beyond me.

2) the reason they are thinking of taking a QB in the later first or second is to groom them to succeed Manning. You can't very well do that if you trade Manning away to get that QB.

Manning is NOT done. He has several years left. Yes, maybe they need a better running game, but Manning still has several seasons left in him.

The Colts were dumb enough to never equip Manning with an adequate running game, or other offensive weapons. He made stars out of the other players on his offense.

Ummmm Marvin Harrison, Marcus Pollard, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, Dwight Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Donald Brown, Reggie Wayne, etc.

I believe a few attempts were made to equip him with some pieces. It's just sort of hard to have great players at every position because other teams are trying to get some too.

1) there is no QB they would want at #1 because if you trade Manning to get that QB you are very likely looking for an immediate impact at QB. None of the guys at #1 would walk on the field and do much of anything compared to what Manning does. Why they would take a tremendous downgrade... is beyond me.

True, but how many QB's are near as good as doing what he does? I suggested the future #1's because the Colt's may believe that the Panthers will suck again next year and they (the Colts) may have a chance at the number one pick next year, Andrew Luck. If not, they still have two or three number one picks that they otherwise didnt have, and plenty of breathing room for drafting Manning's succesor.

2) the reason they are thinking of taking a QB in the later first or second is to groom them to succeed Manning. You can't very well do that if you trade Manning away to get that QB.

Manning is NOT done. He has several years left. Yes, maybe they need a better running game, but Manning still has several seasons left in him.

Agreed. But hasnt there been some trouble in that paradise? Manning has seemed reluctant to sign his contract immediately. Doubt he would like Carolina, but then again there are a lot of potential advantages here for him. An immensely improved running game, a crop of potentially very talented young recievers (maybe even Green or Julio Jones on top of what we have already) and a better defense would be attractive to name a few.

Ummmm Marvin Harrison, Marcus Pollard, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Joseph Addai, Dwight Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Donald Brown, Reggie Wayne, etc.

I believe a few attempts were made to equip him with some pieces. It's just sort of hard to have great players at every position because other teams are trying to get some too.

Seriously?

Name a big name for defense plz.......*crickets*

Most of these names were drafted by the Colts to begin with.

Name me some good FA's on offense or defense that the Colts ever imported for Manning?

And you dont think he made some of those recievers big names?

Seems like I dont remember anyone fightng to obtain Marvin Harrison when he was realeased....

and by the way, its DALLAS Clark Footballgenius!

True, but how many QB's are near as good as doing what he does? I suggested the future #1's because the Colt's may believe that the Panthers will suck again next year and they (the Colts) may have a chance at the number one pick next year, Andrew Luck. If not, they still have two or three number one picks that they otherwise didnt have, and plenty of breathing room for drafting Manning's succesor.

Agreed. But hasnt there been some trouble in that paradise? Manning has seemed reluctant to sign his contract immediately. Doubt he would like Carolina, but then again there are a lot of potential advantages here for him. An immensely improved running game, a crop of potentially very talented young recievers (maybe even Green or Julio Jones on top of what we have already) and a better defense would be attractive to name a few.

the thing is, if you trade Manning to Carolina, suddenly we become playoff contenders, and Indy because poo.

They'd be more likely to take our #1 for the next 3 years than swap picks with us.

Seriously?

Name a big name for defense plz.......*crickets*

Most of these names were drafted by the Colts to begin with.

Name me some good FA's on offense or defense that the Colts ever imported for Manning?

And you dont think he made some of those recievers big names?

Seems like I dont remember anyone fightng to obtain Marvin Harrison when he was realeased....

and by the way, its DALLAS Clark Footballgenius!

Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Robert Mathis, Antoine Bethea, Melvin Bullet, Gary Brackett, etc.

Of course they were drafted by the Colts. How is drafting good players not "equipping Manning with players"

They couldn't bring in free agents because they had to pay Manning and that collection of awesome players they drafted.

And yeah none of those receivers or runningbacks were any good even though it's mostly made up of consensus first round picks and Faulk went on to have a hall of fame career in St. Louis.

Really? No body wanted a 36 year old Marvin Harrison and that proves Peyton never played with a good offensive player? No it proves that Harrison was old and had just lit up Philly.

The Colts front office has done a great job the last 10 plus years of keeping talent on the team. Best ever? No. But still way above league average.

And sorry about that Dallas Clark, God forbid I get one name wrong on the incredibly long list of players that disproves your point.

What is your point anyway? We would do a better job of surrounding Peyton with talent? The Colts front office is comically inept? You want Peyton to the point of making stuff up?

Archived