• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Peppers demands.

Snake

I have to disagree. Peppers is definetly entitled to leave if he wants and he definetly should have a say in where he goes. But do you realize how difficult he made things for us by saying he only wants to be on one of four teams??? He should keep his mouth shut and leave his desires of where to play with his agent and the inside of the panthers orginization. All teams that want him now will play hard-ball and we will mostlikely loose a pick or two because of his public comments.

But, as far as I know, he didn't make those demands to the public, he said it to the FO and word got out.

How so? Now the teams knows for a fact who's involved, they know he would have no problem going to the other. They would battle just as much as they did if he didn't know.

I swear, if we trade him to Dallas....

But I got to thinking. Maybe he wants the franchise tag. He stands to get 17 million in one year. He isnt going to get that kind of money in one year anywhere. Just imagine what his agents cut is of that. Maybe he is doing this just hoping and praying he gets the tag. As soon as we put the tag on him he is going to sign it and shut his mouth! Next thing you know he is happy to be a Panther and it was what he wanted all along. But at this point Im not going to be surprised by anything. I just think that it is all part of his big master plan of douchebaggery.

I swear, if we trade him to Dallas....

But I got to thinking. Maybe he wants the franchise tag. He stands to get 17 million in one year. He isnt going to get that kind of money in one year anywhere. Just imagine what his agents cut is of that. Maybe he is doing this just hoping and praying he gets the tag. As soon as we put the tag on him he is going to sign it and shut his mouth! Next thing you know he is happy to be a Panther and it was what he wanted all along. But at this point Im not going to be surprised by anything. I just think that it is all part of his big master plan of douchebaggery.

He turned down a 90 million dollar deal from us. The deal had around 30-40 million of it guaranteed. This was reported by NFL network earlier today. You don't turn down that kind of deal for the tag.

Sad part is he isn't dreaming, we only have three options. Franchise tag him and trade him to one of the 4 teams. (he has to agree to the trade and sign a long term deal for it to go down.) Franchise tag him and make him stay here. (odds he holds out and were down 17 million dollars and the 3 or 4 players needed to cut to make the cap.) or let him walk.

Not really.

It seems a lot of people are getting hung up on Peppers demands and saying he has all the leverage. However, that's not the case at all. Sure he has some leverage, but so do the Panthers. I have no doubt there are some teams such as Detroit, Oakland, or Cleveland that he would absolutely not sign with, no matter what. However, what many are failing to realize is the corner Peppers has painted himself into.

He has stated that he will not play for the Panthers again...period. It doesn't matter who the coaches are or what scheme we run, he just wants out. But what happens if/when this thing drags on and a deal with one of those four teams hasn’t materialized? While I’m sure the Panthers would be fine with sending Peppers to a team of his choice (as long as it's also acceptable to the Panthers), they won’t do so without getting what they deem fair compensation. The Panthers are not going to be ass-raped in any deal for him. Sure they might not get as much as they want, but they absolutely will not give Peppers up for little or nothing.

The longer this thing drags on, the more Peppers will realize that he either has to compromise on the teams he is willing to sign with or face the possibility of having to play another, very uncomfortable, year with the Panthers (risking injury) where a very bright spotlight would be squarely on his head from day one. I guess he could also hold out, but that would be very risky. At his age and with a year out of the game, his demand and earning potential could be greatly reduced…not to mention that there would be no guarantee that the exact same thing wouldn't happen again next year. So I think he would be very motivated to make something happen, even if it is not ideal for him.

Basically, Peppers has put himself in a position that he virtually has to accept a trade that the Panthers like, even if it’s not to one of his targeted teams. And while I am sure the Panthers do not want to pay his tagged cap figure, it’s probably much more preferable than losing him for chump change. But it will never get to that. When push comes to shove, he’ll compromise….he has no choice.

Archived