• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mallett's QB Camp with Gruden a Flop?

mav1234

Oh BTW, you want to talk about character issues.

Peyton Manning while at Tennessee, sat on the face of a female trainer with his bare ass. Look it up. They paid her over 300 grand to keep it hush hush. He forced her down and did that.

I bet only a handful of people on here knew that. You guys wouldn't be concerned with that would ya?

killyoself please

Whatever. You know I know these guys are to be respectful, especially in the eyes of Gruden and take their lumps. But you have to imagine that they maybe a little nervous. And if Gruden is hounding my ass for something that wasn't my fault I might give him a rebuttal too.

I watched it, didn't see much wrong with him. Yes, he talks different, but the whole time it was 'yes sir, no sir'. He has some growing up to do, but what college kid doesn't. I think he will be a great QB in the next level.

Oh BTW, you want to talk about character issues.

Peyton Manning while at Tennessee, sat on the face of a female trainer with his bare ass. Look it up. They paid her over 300 grand to keep it hush hush. He forced her down and did that.

I bet only a handful of people on here knew that. You guys wouldn't be concerned with that would ya?

I'm not, and if Mallet becomes one of the greatest QBs of all time I wont be concerned about his issues.

one of the most asinine traditions on this board is finding a once in a lifetime athlete and then compare him to the rest of the pack. These comparisons make no sense.

In no way do I want Mallett on this team, but people are likely way overblowing this in the same way they did with Clausen last year.

Anyone actually remember the Clausen interview where he "threw his teammate under the bus"....?

Gruden and Clausen had been watching a bunch of plays. On one play, the WR made a mistake. Gruden asked Clausen what happened there on that play. Clausen pointed out, politely that the WR slipped up, before pointing out that he made an error as well.

And that was it.

Clausen's draft stock plummeted in part because of that.

I'd bet that Mallett did something similar, and for his draft stock to plummet because of it-is just silly.

Didn't Peyton Manning throw his o-line under the bus when they lost to Pittsburgh? Does that make him a "bad teammate" and a "head case"?

I've no problem with players pointing out the mistakes teammates make as long as they're happy to a) point out their own flaws and b) take on board criticism.

If a player's ego is so fragile that he can't take his QB stating that he fuged up then he shouldn't be playing football.

Btw, last year Clausen simply said that there had been a miscommunication and the receiver had run the wrong route. If that's 'throwing a player under a bus' then there's a whole bunch of prissy prima donna's in the NFL.

Why are we talkin Mallett?? Thought Newton was a done deal.

Although I know Newton is not a safe pick and we will look

back in hindsight and say we "Should've taken Darius".

What were we thinking and drinking that day 4/28/11???

Heck, I have always thought that Peyton Manning was a jackass.

What I don't understand, is why people keep ignoring the fact that Mallett has a crappy pocket presence. To me, that's the number 1 issue with him, regardless of his personality or off the field problems. People have been telling me over and over that Cam Newton has issues with footwork in the pocket, and that's true, but go back and watch some of Mallett's plays when he gets pressured...I have seen his mechanics and footwork pretty much go away completely when that happens, which pretty much negates all of that great arm strength.

I'm not, and if Mallet becomes one of the greatest QBs of all time I wont be concerned about his issues.

one of the most asinine traditions on this board is finding a once in a lifetime athlete and then compare him to the rest of the pack. These comparisons make no sense.

So I guess your ok with Big Ben raping girls, because he wins right?

You are ok with immoral behavior, as long as they win. Nice.

If Manning would have sat on your wifes or daughters face would you still have no problem with it? You already have said you're not concerned with it being another person, so does it change now?

Nah I didn't see the whole thing but I have read a lot of Mallet and watched him. In the right environment I think he can thrive, ie a militant style ie Rivera. But then again Rivera HC capabilities have yet to be tested. I am not suggesting at all we get him though unless he miraculously falls to our 65th pick. Trading down is the goal but I would take Newton or even Gabbert before Mallet if you have to pick one #1 overall, that doesn't mean Mallet has no merit, his arm is more impressive than any QB on the list period. Add that to the fact he admit he isn't mobile makes him ideal pure pocket passer, as rare as the rushing QB. His character is the 'problem' so we'll just have wait to see how that plays out.

Archived