• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

-Game of Thrones-HBO-

Kurb

Critics that have seen the first 4-6 episodes have made the comment that the first episode drags on and nothing happens. Having read the books, I can see that being true. The first 1/3rd of the first book is horribly boring, even with Bran getting thrown from the tower.

There won't be a lack of plot, action, suspense, or intrigue throughout this series.

Already renewed for a 2nd season.

watched it tonight... thanks for the couple PMs I got!

I probably shouldn't have... because now I'm hooked... good poo, but the incest is kinda gross...

Also, I like the TnA, don't get me wrong, but I feel like HBO is becoming the new Skinemax... lol...

Makes me want to go get the books, though...

Great 1st episode. I'm more than hooked. It was a little tough keeping up with all the players names but I'll just have to rewatch. Is the guy playing Khal Droggo the new Conan from pics I've seen?

Momoa-as-Conan.jpg

I know nothing about the books but some guesses I have from watching the 1st episode

1. That Boy's Dire Wolf will remember who pushed the boy out of the tower and get revenge.

2. The blonde chick is some sort of dragon girl or can talk to dragons along with her brother. Those Dragon Eggs arent fossils.

3. Those things in the woods will come and kick everyones ass forcing an Alliance to defeat them.

This site has some awesome artwork on the 7Kingdoms but its not in English so no spoilers, well maybe the artwork gives stuff away:

http://7kingdoms.ru/nggallery/post/tomasz-marek-jedruszek-aka-morano/page-1/

KhalDrogo.jpg

WrightsInTheMist.jpg

The guy that plays Khal Drogo is from Stargate Atlantis or something.

fuging hate his guyliner. ugggggh so angry about that.

Just a word of caution. If you haven't read the books, avoid all spoilers anywhere at anytime. You will hate yourself to death if you ruin this series for yourself.

I see spoilers in those pictures for example.

possibly... but it is just the equivalent of someone like Viggo Mortensen playing another role like Robin Hood or something... Anytime I see him cast as something midevil/fantasy in the future I'm going to associate it with Aragorn/Stryder...

That's where the quality of the actor comes into play.

The guy that plays Khal Drogo is from Stargate Atlantis or something.

fuging hate his guyliner. ugggggh so angry about that.

Just a word of caution. If you haven't read the books, avoid all spoilers anywhere at anytime. You will hate yourself to death if you ruin this series for yourself.

I see spoilers in those pictures for example.

I removed some of the artwork that I guess may be a spoiler. IDK, my guesses were just reinforced by some of the artwork I saw on that foreign website. I'll have to stop looking at info on the series since I dont want to spoil the series for myself.

I guess I should have said potential spoilers. You really don't want to though, unless you spoil it by reading the books.

At this point I'd say just sit back and enjoy your first run through the story as a visual experience.

The books are much more fleshed out, and slower to develop. The dothraki wedding and consumation is much more emotional and consensual, and much less like rape in the books for example.

Archived