• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else wants Lucas out of a Panthers uniform?

gorillamilitia13

Ken Lucas is a good corner hands down. Its not his fault his safety is not doing his job. In my mind Lucas is my favorite corner for us right now. He brings that physical presence that Gamble simply lacks. Im a ken lucas fan, if anyone, Gamble needs to step up if he is gunna be our dominant corner, and i dont see why we need him for 6 years.

Being a rookie starting free safety is never easy, so I don't have any harsh feeling against him. He's shown that he has a knack for the position early in his career and shown that he is also a quick learner. He will continue to improve with the more experience he gets. It's surely not helping that our schedule is more difficult right now than it was earlier in the season. That could probably explain why his performance is dropping off a lately, but I won't make excuses, and just hope he fixes the mistakes sooner rather than later.

even if godfrey was suppose to be over top, with help....there is no excuse for lack of effort in tackling after being beaten like a f*ckkin drum, for the past 4 weeks.

Lucas is one of our best tacklers and has consistantly put out as much effort as he had. You sir are talking out your ass. :(

Ken Lucas is a good corner hands down. Its not his fault his safety is not doing his job. In my mind Lucas is my favorite corner for us right now. He brings that physical presence that Gamble simply lacks. Im a ken lucas fan, if anyone, Gamble needs to step up if he is gunna be our dominant corner, and i dont see why we need him for 6 years.

I know you admitted that you're a Lucas fanboy, but that doesn't mean you should just start throwing sh*t at every other player you can. You're defending Lucas by putting down a clearly superior corner? I don't understand...

You don't think we need him for 6 years? Are you seriously saying this?

i agree lucas is solid, but i've noticed quite a bit this year of his man taking him. i have also noticed that he has been left on an island sometimes because the help over top hasn't been there. i'm not ready to put him in the doghouse, but 2008 has been the worst year that i've seen of him in a panthers jersey. for as much good as he's brought to this team since signing here, including the way he handled the smitty b.s., i'm not going to freak out and look for his replacement. that being said, if his extension impedes us from locking up gross and peppers long term, then we've got issues. i know godfrey has been to blame often and had his rookie woes, but the previous safety options before godfrey weren't all-pro players.

Archived