• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The spirit of John Fox lives on?

Udogg

I don't think that you can label people that don't want Cameron as being conservative.

AJGreen is the most dynamic offensive talent in the draft in my opinion, that's why you take him. I feel that the team isn't going to win right away anyhow so the team should build for the future with great talent. AJ Green was one of the top recruits out of HS and has kept his game at a high level while improving each and every year. He is the closest that this draft has to a can't miss prospect. That doesn't make me conservative because I want the Panthers to pick him over Cameron.

and if you put Jimmy Clausen on the field w/ him, AJ Green is a mute point/pick.

I have not heard any pro Cam guys claiming such....only that has potential/ceiling was so high that it was worth the risk.

I didn't realize there was even a Gabbert bandwagon.

here's the thing you all need to understand...

realistically, how can you separate the 2? you have your opinions.. I include both because there's no way I can say Gabbert will fail and Newton will succeed or vice versa..

You all claim to know this secret information.. The same "pro Cam" guys can be said about "Pro Gabbert".. you may not see many in this forum, but this forum isn't the end all, be all in the football world. Matter of fact, the only 1's who do matter are the teams picking these 2 guys.

Great reports have come out about both. Only fools will sit down on a computer and act like they know more about one player than the other.

Cam has a lot of potential, but that doesn't mean poo if he becomes a bust and you all spent all off season criticizing people for being ignorant or conservative because they didn't see much difference to take a chance on Newton.

Fact is, Newton has some glaring concerns that we'll have to wait and see if they are a big deal or not.

Charlie Casserly spoke today about his concerns that Newton missed a lot of players last year who were wide open. His ability to process information is a major concern. (for the record, JUST LIKE WITH EVERY QB. WHITE OR BLACK.)

the fact that you just took my comment which included both and tried to divert my point into Cam -vs- Gabbert speaks volumes about this forum recently.

None of you f**kers have a clue what will happen in the future. Yet you beat your chest like you know something someone else hasn't figured out.

Newton has just as many concerns as Gabbert. Gabbert has just as many physical attributes as Newton, minus 20LBS. Both need to know how to process information and no one can point to FACTS about why one can and the other can't.

btw, no offense CRA.. I'm saying this to anyone.

and if you put Jimmy Clausen on the field w/ him, AJ Green is a mute point/pick.

and if Newton sucks, you're still at square one, minus a potential All Pro WR.. I'm not sure what I should take away from this type of comment other than, NEXT.

here's the thing you all need to understand...

realistically, how can you separate the 2? you have your opinions.. I include both because there's no way I can say Gabbert will fail and Newton will succeed or vice versa..

You all claim to know this secret information.. The same "pro Cam" guys can be said about "Pro Gabbert".. you may not see many in this forum, but this forum isn't the end all, be all in the football world. Matter of fact, the only 1's who do matter are the teams picking these 2 guys.

Great reports have come out about both. Only fools will sit down on a computer and act like they know more about one player than the other.

Cam has a lot of potential, but that doesn't mean poo if he becomes a bust and you all spent all off season criticizing people for being ignorant or conservative because they didn't see much difference to take a chance on Newton.

Fact is, Newton has some glaring concerns that we'll have to wait and see if they are a big deal or not.

Charlie Casserly spoke today about his concerns that Newton missed a lot of players last year who were wide open. His ability to process information is a major concern. (for the record, JUST LIKE WITH EVERY QB. WHITE OR BLACK.)

the fact that you just took my comment which included both and tried to divert my point into Cam -vs- Gabbert speaks volumes about this forum recently.

None of you f**kers have a clue what will happen in the future. Yet you beat your chest like you know something someone else hasn't figured out.

Newton has just as many concerns as Gabbert. Gabbert has just as many physical attributes as Newton, minus 20LBS. Both need to know how to process information and no one can point to FACTS about why one can and the other can't.

btw, no offense CRA.. I'm saying this to anyone.

none taken.

I agree, the ability to process info is a HUGE concern for Cam and other young QBs. I don't know if he can do it at this level.......

but if 99% of QBs are a ? mark at #1 overall (all draft years).....I feel more comfortable taking one w/ unique talent like Cam vs. a Clausen type QB.

The numbers prove DT's fail just as much as QB's in the first round. First round WR numbers are worst and DB are barely above 50%. However DT is thought of as a safer pick around here. Some people also assumes that Patrick Peterson is guaranteed to be a all pro , and AJ Green is the second coming of Calvin Johnson. I am not assuming anything. I acknowledge the fact that anyone we pick could be a horrible failure or a huge success.

I am saying that we have consistently passed up drafting a QB in the first round since Fox has been the coach. He seems to hate rookie QB's. I am saying that QB position has needed to be addressed for at least the past 7 years. Repeating the same mistakes to me is not addressing this QB issue. Instead waiting on the "perfect" QB to arrive or waiting on the savior FA just doesn't make sense anymore imo. Yes I know there are exceptions, and not everyone feels this way, but some do.

People who put blind faith in Matt Moore this time last year, believed Harbough when he called Luck "perfect",are too good to believe in a Cam Newton. Theyre better than us, they are the rational ones. Damn right Foxs cowardly approach to football lives on and brings us all down.

and if Newton sucks, you're still at square one, minus a potential All Pro WR.. I'm not sure what I should take away from this type of comment other than, NEXT.

So your saying AJ green is a potential All Pro and Cam is not. Even discounting the numbers that 1st round WR's fail at an almost 70% rate. I take back what I said, people who want a WR over a QB are not conservative at all.

you do realize that AJ Green could flop just as easily as Cam?

We don't have a hole at WR the size of the one at QB. Gotta take the risk.....the reward for the QB being good(not even great) is drastically better than any other spot for this team.

Not taking Cam is more like saying you are unable to coach a player up to his full potential..and really what coach is willing to say that? you can't tell me he doesn't have the ability to be one of the better qbs out there with the right coaching..why not take the risk and trust the coaching staff to push him to that goal. what are you all worried about? that he's going to steal the coaches playbook and throw it out the window?

you do realize that AJ Green could flop just as easily as Cam?

We don't have a hole at WR the size of the one at QB. Gotta take the risk.....the reward for the QB being good(not even great) is drastically better than any other spot for this team.

But would you take a QB who is a "one year wonder" over a WR who has shown his ability year after year? AJ Green was highly recruited out of HS and has performed at a high level, getting better each year.

Not taking Cam is more like saying you are unable to coach a player up to his full potential..and really what coach is willing to say that? you can't tell me he doesn't have the ability to be one of the better qbs out there with the right coaching..why not take the risk and trust the coaching staff to push him to that goal. what are you all worried about? that he's going to steal the coaches playbook and throw it out the window?

Agreed Like Herm Edwards stated on NFL Live coaches wanna coach talented players point blank. If he puts in the work and is willing to learn (which he seems to be in that QB Camp segment) take that risk.

Archived