• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we Pick Cam Newton Will You...

ncmonzta

If we draft him, he will become my new favorite Panther, and I will hope against hope that everything negative I've heard about him is wrong, and everything positive is true. And I'd really look forward to him being fully integrated into our system and executing the play action pass leveraging our stellar running game, and rolling out and heaving long touchdown passes with an arm strength we've not had in probably over a decade.

That said, I'd still rather we don't draft him.

honestly, I'm really not excited for next season at all, regardless of who we take.

What is there to look forward to?

The worst team in the NFL drafting a qb that won't contribute his first year?

If we don't take a QB then watching the revamped D causing 3 and outs only to have the offense punt in 3 plays again?

Watching clausen flail around behind the o-line?

the hardest schedule in the league with a rookie head coach with limited time with his players before the season starts due to the CBA bullpoo?

Next year is going to suck regardless of who we pick guys.

Option #2 and #3 (sorry, neither fit by themselves). I will complain initially (until camp or whenever the season starts. I will support him and hope he does well after that. If he stinks, then yeah, I'll complain until he's run out of town.

honestly, I'm really not excited for next season at all, regardless of who we take.

What is there to look forward to?

The worst team in the NFL drafting a qb that won't contribute his first year?

If we don't take a QB then watching the revamped D causing 3 and outs only to have the offense punt in 3 plays again?

Watching clausen flail around behind the o-line?

the hardest schedule in the league with a rookie head coach with limited time with his players before the season starts due to the CBA bullpoo?

Next year is going to suck regardless of who we pick guys.

the new coaching staff alone has me pretty optimistic

I will hate the pick. He is a bust just waiting for his chance to blow up and I hope its not this team he does it on.

I'm pretty sure you didn't even want the great Andrew Luck..so you are pretty hard to please anyways.

I will hold him to a much higher standard than any of our QBs ever before because I dont like him.

...you are aware if we take him it will be with the number one pick in the draft right?

That's usually a good reason to hold a QB to a high standard, even moreso than a second rounder or an undrafted free agent.

Archived